• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
30 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

I keep wondering how he got her.

He is a publicist.

Didn't he once do live stream reunions Justin Deas? Maybe he reached her via her husband. He also did one with Tom Wiggin, I think. Wiggin and Colin did a play together a few years ago. It's entirely possible he reached her through one or both of them.

My idea of HBS, it would have been a hoot to see her interview Colin. Margo and Margo. Both had Justin as an onscreen husband. 

Seriously, you all will have to let me know how Colin's live stream turns out, since I don't have the patience for those things anymore.

• Members
4 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said:

He is a publicist.

Didn't he once do live stream reunions Justin Deas? Maybe he reached her via her husband. He also did one with Tom Wiggin, I think. Wiggin and Colin did a play together a few years ago. It's entirely possible he reached her through one or both of them.

My idea of HBS, it would have been a hoot to see her interview Colin. Margo and Margo. Both had Justin as an onscreen husband. 

Seriously, you all will have to let me know how Colin's live stream turns out, since I don't have the patience for those things anymore.

That would be fun!

I'll let you know what Colin reveals in her live stream.

• Members

My God!! Margaret is Margo! The casting for Margo was well done from Margaret to Hillary. This was a great ATWT reunion. Why? Because it was fun and lively and Margaret didn't let Alan interupt her!

• Members

I wish Alan would have asked more about her post ATWT and Pre Gossip Girl career

Loved that Margaret was in charge

55 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

It's telling that Hillary and Margaret are still in touch and hang out with Annie Sward yet Ellen had no clue what had became of her.

Seeing Ellen in interviews she gives off a different vibe but I cant say why I feel that way

Edited by John

• Members
1 hour ago, Soapsuds said:

It's telling that Hillary and Margaret are still in touch and hang out with Annie Sward yet Ellen had no clue what had became of her.

I do get big "just a job" feelings from Ellen, but then I think she only worked with Anne for about three years anyway. 

Edited by DRW50

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• On Soap Opera Network

• Community Posts

• IIRC Ginger is a volunteering kindergarten teacher, at least in the early seasons. Not sure she's even getting paid.
    • Finally NLG's reel basis is out & about in the universe: On YT look for "GH Alexis 04 08 21". Haven't seen it yet myself but saw some people who had who are raving about it. Also she gave an interview to MFairman & its supposed to be of great interest. NLG talks to MFairman about her emmy reel
    • Interview with Michelle Lee. The marriage didn't last. Love James Farentino choosing a career woman because it would benefit him. Maybe Michele had a rethink on hubby's attitude? Interesting to note that none of the Knots ladies worked when the show premiered (did Ginger?), a reflection of the times that middle class women were expected to be 'housewives' and content with that. But things were changing... July 1980  Michele Lee calls 'Knots' ' a precedent-setting show By STACEY JENEL SMITH Chicago Tribune Service Michele Lee hates to admit it, but she nearly turned down her role in "Knots Landing." "My response was 'Oh, God playing the mother of a teenager! I'll be typecast as a matron and won't be able to get work. "The roles society puts on women ! It's as If once they're mothers, they're put out to pasture. "But the last few months have given me a whole new positive perspective on it, a whole new awareness,". she says. I know now I'm really lucky. And maybe it sounds funny to say this, but I really feel that this character is a contribution." Certainly the past decade has brought changes in television's treatment of divorcees and widows with the emergence of such shows as Bonnie' Franklin's "One Day at a Time." But as far as Michele is concerned, the "Knots Landing" character is still a precedent-setter. "You now have the opportunity for a viewing audience to see a positive, 'now,' 'together' wife and mother," she says. "She's liberated and she chooses not to work. I used to think I was liberated because I worked, but now I know that being liberated has to do with what's inside you. Karen doesn't consider herself 'just a housewife' and she isn't." Michele who like her  her character, Karen, is 37, sits in the sunny patio of a Los Angeles cafe, excitedly expounding upon all the plus points of her video alter ego. She describes scenes from the "Knots" series in which Karen has distinguished herself as honest, bright and capable sparing no detail. It soon becomes clear not only that the show's producers need not be concerned about her dedication to "Knots," but that effervescent, enthusiastic Michele could make quite a filibuster artist. She is equally enthusiastic when it comes to discussion of her 14-year-old union with actor James Farentino, a topic which, naturally, she includes during her talk about "now," liberated women and progressive marriage. "He conscientiously searched for a career woman to marry and that was before the new awareness, before the women's movement got started. He felt it would give him more freedom. ' That's how he saw it. He'd known men whose wives' days didn't begin until their husbands came home, husbands who were under real pressure to fulfill this other person. He saw it as a stifling influence. , "Sometimes things get uncomfortable when we're both working, when neither of us is at home," Michele says with a shrug, "but that comes with the territory." . She explains that under such circumstances, the Farentinos' longtime housekeeper is entrusted with the care of their 10-year-Old son, David Michael. Making the commitment to the long hours a TV series involves was a weighty decision for Michele. "One of my Own personal goals was to be on a television series," says the woman who grew up around show business as the daughter of a Hollywood studio makeup man before hitting Broadway for the first time at age 17, going on to the stage and screen versions of "How To Succeed in Business Without Really Trying," and becoming a steadily working theater, film and TV actress and singer. "I know the enormous responsibility of being a parent and I don't take it lightly. I know I'm responsible to David and I also know that I'm responsible to myself. When I'm working, I let him know how rewarding and fulfilling it is to me. I also make it a point to reserve a period of time every day just for him, really concentrating with direct, one-to-one contact."  If there's any doubt of her intensity when it comes to parenting, Michele goes on at length discussing the numerous child-rearing methods endorsed by the group PET (Parent Effectiveness Training), of which she is a member. And discussing child-rearing advice she has gleaned from books. And discussing how some of the tips she has picked up in her research (such as the importance of avoiding "labels" in describing people) have had a great impact on her life. "Sure it's tough to have a career that's important to you and to be a wife and mother at the same time. It does become a juggling match. But I think that any woman who wants it all can do it. Hopefully one day it'll be common for men to share more in the responsiblities of the home. A lot of working women today come home from their jobs jobs that are nine to five just like their husbands' and go bananas trying to prepare dinner while the men are relaxing with a martini. Because the woman's role is to cook." One would guess that's not the case at Michele's and Jim's house. "He cooks, he cooks," she assures with a laugh, "more often than I do. It's something that happened out of pleasure because Jim really likes to cook. He cooks when he wants to or, sometimes he might say, 'Hey, cook tonight, will you?' which is fine with me." Michele envisions a not-so-distant future in which both men's and women's job schedules may be planned around home responsibilities, when mothers and fathers will. trade off days of working and days of being home with their children. "After all the upheaval and all the shifting and all the pain of the changes we're going ' through now," she says, "we'll come out of it with ' a new flexibility for families. I don't buy the idea that the family is disappearing, though, because we need it too much. I am absolutely positive that the family will always last." She wants to get into such current sociological matters as the liberated-into-confusion woman and the threatened man on "Knots Landing," particularly since, she jokes, her character serves as such a wonderful mouthpiece. "Karen feels the same way about things as I do, 'cause I say so."   
    • Watching the end credits of the 1966 episode just caught my eye: Elizabeth Harrower had what I can only assume was a small role on the show as an actress two years before her daughter, and 13 before she'd take over as head writer.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy