As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

I will never stop berating them for their lack of vision.

B&B was never my favorite soap (or even 2nd favorite, for that matter), but they have shown that putting up classic episodes can indeed be done. And honestly, they are not putting in that much of an effort but the visual quality of episodes they post is largely better than most of the episodes of ATWT posted on YT.

I mean, P&G, show some pride, lol.

• Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Jennifer Keishin Armstrong, who wrote that wonderful book When Women Invented Television that has been trending in the wake of Betty White's passing, seems to have disappeared from social media (I could have sworn she was once on Twitter) also wrote about Irna Phillips in great detail. I had hoped to message her regarding this because I believe she briefly wrote about running into stumbling blocks concerning classic episodes of ATWT and GL, as well as episodes of the classic 1950s sitcom The Goldbergs. She would also be a great person who can speak about the validity of preserving and sharing classic episodes. At some point, I will summon the will to contact her.

Julianne Moore would be a fantastic spokesperson for this but I am not sure how accessible she truly is. I mean, if someone tweeted her, would she reply?

• Members

I wonder if someone can help me date this episode. I've noticed for some time that some of the classic 60s episodes appear on Youtube under several different dates.

These two videos show the same episode:

SoapsNThings lists it as January 1963: 

Ohh Donna lists it as 1962 (unknown): 

Since the SoapsNThings version was on Youtube first, I had it written down as January 1963. Does anyone know if this is correct?

• Members

Today is the type of day that I'd appreciate the good escapists drama of vintage ATWT

I look at the upload schedule of B&B episodes and, man, could you imagine if PGP did something like this for ATWT years 1986 and 1987?!! Every storyline, each and every episode, from beginning to end?!

Man, today is the type of day that I wish someone were looking out for ATWT like someone is clearly looking out for B&B fans.