• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

@Soapsuds, thank you for the treasure!

Ariel is a hoot! I wonder why the show never tried bringing her back as she's someone that could've easily been the gossiping busybody that rivaled Lisa and Lucinda in later years. 

It is so odd seeing Lyla spew venom at any one outside of John. But I get why as Craig was her baby boy. 

Can anyone provide background on Richard Fairchild? 

And I didn't know that Frank Telfer was on World Turns. I guess the show was trying to snatch all of The Doctors stars right after its demise. 

I really hope more videos from 81-85 pop up for ATWT

• Members

Frank mentioned his ATWT stint on the first TD Locher Room chat. His character was a lawyer and he had to memorize a summation with tons of legal jargon. After all that, he watches the scene only to find out that director Paul Lammers (who he'd had issues with on TD) never once had the camera on his face while he gives this summation! The camera is on the jury, judge, defendant, etc., but not Frank!

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Wow, is that HBS' Margo?? She looks very "New Wave" 80s! Was her stylist from Soho?

I can't wait to dig into this episode later on.

Thank you, @Soapsuds, you've made my Friday!

Somebody please ask Hillary Bailey Smith to give us the 411 on this one, I know she probably has a story about the styling on this episode!

• Members

HA...but i originally went out with him as he reminded me of Ross Marler with his suits and glasses so, it more then makes up for it!!!

Where they from...Pluto???

Hahaha...we were at a game and I told my neighbor that his mom was Besty Stewart and he went nuts.."I used to watch that with my mom...Betsy was SO hot...I thought she was the perfect woman" and then I found out he ment Meg Ryan and I said..."No not the DUMB Betsy..the smart Betsy!!!!"

• Members

This is a great episode..the 84 stuff post Dobsons-pre Marland was a lot of fun, more freewheeling and light hearted then what is to come. What are these episodes where the backstage guy appears..it doesnt look like the finished product but the credits role.

Richard Farichild was a psycho who the audience at first suspected of being James (who had fallen out of the plane a few months before) but he wasn't as we see. This was a really good strangers on a train thing that John meets him and casually mentions his old rival pain in the butt Bob Hughes. Richard shoots Bob expecting John to do..something for him..(I forgot that part..) Well Richard begins to fixate  on Babs cause James is gone and she is not a vixen yet so they needed her to do one last damnsel in distress thing. So Margo was wearing a wig to look like Babs to lure Richard out in the open. 

I love Ariel, who is really, really funny in this and actually Betsy VF is good as Lisa...a little more upidity but it was nice to have a breather from Fulton's jittery, stammering Lisa. If I was  a producer I might have kept BVF (unpopular opinion.) I love pre Marland people being bitchy to and about each other...I love fierce Lyla calling Betsy a slut, (this Lyla is actually interesting..)Lisa and Ariel bitchiness to each other. Marland would have written it as Lyla telling Craig to take the kid back because "Honesty is the best policy, and I am sure Betsy made mistakes but look at her feelings..." Blah, as campy as the show could be at this time the dialoque and the reactions were more realistic then Marland.  I dont know what the hell Lisa was wearing but how nice to see a show with a real budget.

I liked FT as Brian...(sorry, the guy who replaced him always skeeved me out..) And of course...my high school crush at the time..Jay!

• Members

Oh, so this is the episode where Craig's lies all unravel!

No matter who was writing and who was in charge, this show stayed with having Steve crash swanky events looking like he just left the construction site. I wonder whether Frank Runyeon slightly lost interest once Meg Ryan left the show?

Ariel was just blithely going along scandalizing Barbara's name. Was this because she split with James?

So, Margo risks her life to save Barbara? This would not be the last time this happens. And again with no backup.

I was NOT expecting to hear an instrumental version of "Jamming" by Bob Marley and The Wailers as the models walked the catwalk. 

Also, although I have heard about another McColl, I am not familiar with this one. I may have seen her once before. Is she Brian, Diana and Kurt's aunt, or something?

That homicidal Richard or Davy Jenkins (who came up with that name??) looks strangely similar to the pyromaniac who was on that special Christmas episode of The Golden Girls, lol.

It seems as if The Earl Mitchell Center was the fulfillment of an idea that may have started with The Refuge.

I did giggle when Betsey, professing her love to Steve, says "I'm never going back to Craig" and I couldn't help but say "only when he offers you a job".

They made Frannie look so old in that outfit!

Also the Asian woman modelling a "kimono-style" dress seemed a little 'on the nose'. Designer's choice, I guess.

The music in the action sequences was so 70s!

• Members

Was this a real designer? Anyway...Charlene was a showgirl who was actaully Whit's REAL wife..they got drunk in Vegas and married and they never divorced...but she was nice and he I guess payed her off and they passed her off as "Aunt" Charlene. Lisa had issues with her but never knew the truth and when Eileen came back she just disappeared. I loved her and she was funny, they should have kept her around as I could see her becoming friends with Eileen's Lisa and possibly dating Bob before Kim..that would have caused Lisa to be jealous and if Nancy was back, a raised eyebrow.

I also love Diana, the vixen with a heart who actually liked Steve and as you see here, got over it to be friends with him. I wonder how Marland would have written her?

• Members

It sounds somewhat convoluted.

Yeah, that was a genuine fashion designer, back when soaps could afford such things.

The last decade of the show could have used some interesting stories. I would have brought back Kim Ullrich Johnson as Betsey Stewart (no use trying to bring back the McColls, none of which had been seen since the late 80s, early 90s). I know the show claimed to have considered bringing back Steve but I really would have, for a brief story arc. I would've brought Dani and ignored that entire disgusting story that I heard of (which I thankfully never saw anyway, I would like to personally backhand the fool who wrote such an awful story) Dani and Craig 

, it never happened, .

The other day, I was watching an interview with Eileen Fulton, where she talked if returning to the show and having to step over Whit's body, . She also talked about the fun of doing scenes with Elizabeth Hubbard, the battles between Lisa and Lucinda and those early scenes with Lucinda putting her feet up on Whit's desk after she'd taken over his office. I would love to see those scenes!

• Members

Yea, I don't think she and the Whit actor, or who we used to call, "Whit the wig" were fond of each other. From what Fulton says...(and you really can't rely on her..she likes a good story...) they were going to kill off Lisa and she called and said..."If you do, I'm going to play the body!" so they brought her back..and killed Whit instead, or us Fulton says, "Old dead Whit!"  I can't imagine Whit the wig was happy to be the corpse instead of her. 

How I wish Eileen was able to be on one of Alan's shows..she would totally go off on a tangent and not listen to a thing he says and dish about TPTB or at least tell a few good stories.

Edited by Mitch

• Members

This board is too funny! Alan is afraid of Eileen Fulton? Seriously? He has said that he is trying to track her down (unsuccessfully) and even her castmates have said that they'd love to track her down and get in touch with her. Eileen is 88 so she wouldn't have the spunk that she may have had in the olden days. Even watching the Don Hastings and Kathryn Hays interview with Alan last year, they have obviously slowed down. They couldn't remember alot of names or situations without being reminded. 

Here's a challenge to all of you who complain about Alan Locher: Start your own channel!!  Book guests on the channel!! Interview them! Ask all the questions that you wish he had asked the guests. Be fearless. Ask the follow up questions that you say he should have asked. Go ahead. What's stopping you?