As The World Turns Discussion Thread

edgeofnik

• Members
36 minutes ago, Craigger said:

This board is too funny! Alan is afraid of Eileen Fulton? Seriously? He has said that he is trying to track her down (unsuccessfully) and even her castmates have said that they'd love to track her down and get in touch with her. Eileen is 88 so she wouldn't have the spunk that she may have had in the olden days. Even watching the Don Hastings and Kathryn Hays interview with Alan last year, they have obviously slowed down. They couldn't remember alot of names or situations without being reminded. 

Here's a challenge to all of you who complain about Alan Locher: Start your own channel!!  Book guests on the channel!! Interview them! Ask all the questions that you wish he had asked the guests. Be fearless. Ask the follow up questions that you say he should have asked. Go ahead. What's stopping you?

1 hour ago, DramatistDreamer said:

Alan is afraid of her, lol she'd make him look like the hack he is. Better to get someone with some interviewing skills like Roger Newcomb, who knows actual show history, rather than fake it like Locher.

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• P.J.

• Soapsuds

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
1 hour ago, Craigger said:

But at 88, even if they do find her, how do any of you know what  she would be saying? Alan is most certainly not afraid of her or anything she'll say. Bring on Eileen. Go find her and to anyone on here who thinks that Alan is afraid of what she'll say - YOU contact Eileen and interview her. Go ahead. We'd love to see it!!!!

I don' t know how many older people you deal with but I can tell you, all the ladies in my family were spicy up to very end, and my Mom, was full of opinions and no problems letting you know them, and despite her dementia, could remember things from 70 years ago....(but ask her about 5 minutes..not so much.) As a matter of fact, she got spicier as people just dont give an F by then.  Don and Kathy have always been more laid back and not really treating the show as if it was their entire life.

• Members

@Mitch I thought Jay was my boyfriend?

Great episode! Loved the Margo and Barbara story. Betsy and Steve are so boring. Craig is what made their story work. Scott Bryce is such a great actor! Ugh! at Justin Dease! Is this the year he started yelling all his lines? Always love seeing Gunnar.

• Members
1 minute ago, Soapsuds said:

@Mitch I thought Jay was my boyfriend?

Aggh..there is always a vixen getting in my way. I am heading over to the Yacht Club to talk to Real Lisa on how to deal with this latest development!!!

There is always Kirk you know..he's rich.....

• Members
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Mitch said:

Aggh..there is always a vixen getting in my way. I am heading over to the Yacht Club to talk to Real Lisa on how to deal with this latest development!!!

There is always Kirk you know..he's rich.....

Lololol

I never cared for Kirk!

Jay was my Chandler Massey of the early 80s

I recently posted a pic of him. He still looks good.

I wish someone would interview him about his time on ATWT.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members
7 hours ago, Mitch said:

HA...but i originally went out with him as he reminded me of Ross Marler with his suits and glasses so, it more then makes up for it!!!

Ross was indeed very do-able. 

7 hours ago, Mitch said:

Where they from...Pluto???

The older I get, the more I find younger people who are totally oblivious to all the cultural icons that I grew up with. Still, The Wizard of Oz is still broadcast on television every, so you'd think that it would not be outside the realm of the new generation's consciousness. Scary! I knew that society would go to hell when schools stopped teaching cursive writing, LOL!

7 hours ago, Mitch said:

Hahaha...we were at a game and I told my neighbor that his mom was Besty Stewart and he went nuts.."I used to watch that with my mom...Betsy was SO hot...I thought she was the perfect woman" and then I found out he ment Meg Ryan and I said..."No not the DUMB Betsy..the smart Betsy!!!!"

I did think Meg Ryan was adorable as Betsy, but LF's version was a stronger, grown-up women, and in the end, that's most appealing.

4 hours ago, Mitch said:

How I wish Eileen was able to be on one of Alan's shows..she would totally go off on a tangent and not listen to a thing he says and dish about TPTB or at least tell a few good stories.

I'd love to hear her uncensored take on Hogan Sheffer, Goutman and Jean P! At this point, I doubt she'd care much about filtering and censoring her comments. Alan would wet himself!

• Members
Posted (edited)

@Mitch Does your bf have big pecs like Ross?

29 minutes ago, vetsoapfan said:

I'd love to hear her uncensored take on Hogan Sheffer, Goutman and Jean P! At this point, I doubt she'd care much about filtering and censoring her comments. Alan would wet himself!

I know what you meant by wet but I could get banned if I posted it......so instead...

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

There's never a good way to transition from more softcore stroke posts, so I might as well just segue the best I can: Does anyone know if Marland always intended to break up Brian McColl (#4?) and Shannon for Duncan? He did write long story, and I'm curious. Did Pinter want to leave and they knew it, perhaps? She had solid chemistry with both men.

• Members
On 10/1/2021 at 1:42 PM, DramatistDreamer said:

Alan is afraid of her, lol she'd make him look like the hack he is. Better to get someone with some interviewing skills like Roger Newcomb, who knows actual show history, rather than fake it like Locher.

• Members

I enjoyed the episode with the fashion show and Richard Fairchild. Many thanks! I noticed that the headwriters were listed as Tom King & Millee Taggart, and I wondered if Millee Taggert were responsible for some of the humor in the Arielle and Lisa scenes. She always found humor in the roles she played on OLTL and SFT, while doing a fine job with the more dramatic moments.