As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

I was watching some of the recent clips posted to the GL board of the whole Morgan/Kelly/Nola/Floyd story, and it occurred to me how much this actress playing Nola looked just like Martha Byrne. That's how into the story I was - I know Lisa Brown would go on to play the bio mom of Martha Byrne's Lily on ATWT. No wonder Doug Marland wrote Iva and Lily as being mother and daughter - and had to do some major revisions to not make Lily and Holden related by blood!!!

Edited by amybrickwallace

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Oakdalian posted this material a few years ago, but this has a few more scenes - a scene at the start of the first video and some extended stuff on the second. As a fan of this Paul and Emily, I'm so glad I got to see the full version of their final scenes. It's nice closure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuEHbS74V7k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cRN97hBvfU

• Members

When Barbara was offscreen during Colleen Zenk's maternity leave (in the story, Hal found out that she'd known about Adam's paternity and kept quiet about it for months before Tom and Margo told him Adam was his son), she and Daryl had sex in Rome. This was before Daryl and his wife Carolyn arrived in Oakdale.

• Members

In Babs' defense, she'd gotten some kind of promise from Margo (what it was exactly, I don't remember, but I think it was that Babs would get to tell him or be there with him when Margo told him...something like that) and instead Margo just told him on her own, leaving Barbara hung out to dry.

• Members

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEwDUSp4LZg

These little moments that weren't "needed," but help make the show special, are what I loved about this era of ATWT. The awkward reunion between John and Dee. Betsy/Dee/Annie learning about Bob and Kim (I wonder what their reaction would have been if they'd known Susan was involved).

"Love is love" - wow, Andy was about 15 years ahead of his time. He should have trademarked that.

I'm not sure why they took the time to have a fairly long scene about tolerance of gay people, but I'm glad they did (I have to admit I wondered a few times about Andy...).