Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Well it turns out Dee isn't even in the funeral episodes. I don't know if SOC allows updates anymore but someone really should take those July 1986 dates out of her character bio (and I don't remember Dee being in town for Bob and Kim's wedding either, which is also in there) and point out that Vicky Dawson played Dee in her 1986 appearances.

As it turns out this is the John reunion with Dee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucSB-_3elpY

Looking through these did give me a chance to watch this beautiful Penny/Kim scene for the first time in ages.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNT2QA4b1So

Considering how infrequently Penny was around in the show's last 40 years, the times we saw her did still suggest a broad, rich character. They repeatedly hinted at marital troubles in some of the years she was offcamera, and even though you don't get that here, you still get so much melancholy and loneliness.

I always wonder how Rosemary Prinz felt about having to play all that backstory (Anton, Amy) that she was never a part of.

I hope someone will try to interview Rosemary about these types of details at some point, instead of just articles about Irna Philips.

She also seems so genuinely devastated in some of the scenes (the clip before this has her crying as Nancy consoles her) - I wonder if she was close to Don McLaughlin.

• Members

I doubt SOC updates, or would consider a youtube episode as satisfactory proof. Those dumbasses insisted Jack's real first name is now Jacob because Brad wanted his son "named after" Jack and Katie named the baby Jacob. *eyeroll*

Edited by P.J.