Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Bringing Michael Swan back - why not? I could see him working well with Thorsten Kaye if they crossed paths. Swan isn't a campy actor but he's stolid and charismatic, and B&B could use more of that.

Anyway...I don't remember this story with Craig.

I really wish Diana had lasted into the Marland period.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWzQMJ7wzig

• Members

Since it's B&B, push someone off a mountain and talk about Hope's love life.

They could always have Quinn decide to get payback on Bill and scheme to get control of Spencer Industries or whatever it's called. Maybe they could say Bill Sr. once crossed paths with Adam (wasn't Adam involved with the feds?) and Adam knows something that could bring the company down.

• Members

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WF43N6Pgfg

For a criminal mastermind, James is a terrible liar.

I enjoy seeing Kim and John spar at the start of this, Kim as feisty as ever.

I don't know that doctor Annie and then Rick are talking to, or that nurse. I wonder who played them.

Rick is so smarmy. I've always sort of liked Gary Hudson so I wish he'd stayed on, but then Rick was never a long-term character. It's interesting that each of his stints on the show were defined by his schemes about Bob/Jennifer and Bob/Kim back when Kim was pregnant with Bob's child.

Annie is as dull as ever, although she's a little peppier here than she was in the 1979 clips I've watched of her.

That's Lisa Denton's Betsy. I don't think she was around long.

The actress who played Connie went on to play the pure and good and long-suffering daughter of the central heroine on Christian soap Another Life.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSZQ7EEhKg0

Generally Margaret Colin was OTT in a lot of the Margo clips I've seen, but she's relatively subtle here. Good performances in both scenes. I like her relationship with John at this time, before she was a heroine. They're both hotheads with a lot of baggage and they just do not mix well, yet you can see how much they care about each other. That last scene was terrific.

Lisa Loring is...well, she's energetic. I'll give her that.

She reminds me of Andrea Evans on OLTL around this time.

• Members

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDN2j2UCC74

Carol was such a popular character in the '70s...the only younger heroine they really had who stayed around and had a following. I don't know if Rita McLaughlin wanted to retire anyway, but I wish they'd had Carol pop up sometimes. They could have had her come back into Tom's life when he had problems with Margo.

I never knew she and Annie were close enough that she'd name a child after Annie. They seem very funny here along with the drama of the day - it's nice to see that side of Annie.

The Eric and Hayley scenes are like that too. I wonder if it was down to the strike or if the actors were just having a good time, or what.

• Members

Carl, do you have any articles/interviews of Rita Walter? She's the only soap actress that I can think of who married a minister while still on her soap (Pamela Shoop of Return to Peyton Place would wed a man who left the priesthood to marry her in the late 80s). I like that she wasn't afraid to be vocal about her faith. Do you know why she eventually left ATWT?