As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

I didn't realize Nick Costello started this early. Is this the same actor? I wonder if they'd already intended him to be James' henchman.

Watching here you'd think that Duncan had done something terrible to Beatrice, not that he was being manipulated and that he and Beatrice were both innocents. I wonder if they decided to make him more sympathetic later in the year.

Love that scene where Bob tears into the DA. They usually didn't let Bob get into this much of a fury.

• Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Nice to see Susan's first day back as a regular character. And what do you know, she's fighting with Ellen on the Very. First. Day. I love it.

I have a feeling Lisa's lines about being so happy Shannon and Barbara were getting along were written as genuine, but Eileen wisely played them as somewhat sarcastic.

Duncan is so smarmy and unlikeable at this time. You wouldn't think they had plans to keep him around long-term.

I wonder if they were setting up a romance between Seth and Lyla.

You wouldn't think they were about to write Heather out. Strange. Tonya Pinkins has such a lovely voice. Nella...not the best actress.

John is so fooled by Meg. Then again he had a weakness for young blondes.

• Members

Seriously, what channel is that? I can't get it to unmute. Maybe if I go to YT, I can listen to it there.

LOL at Gregg Marx with his shirt unbuttoned nearly to the waist, at the Mona Lisa to boot. Thank God we never had to see Scott Holmes dress like that.

• Members

So the show was so good at this time, people coming back..bitchy fights, mysteries, family fights. Before the show got a Morose Makeover Curtesy of Marland..and the Snyders havent eaten the show alive. I loved Duncan when he was first on and smarmy and mysterious and fun....I forgot that Shannon used to be written as fun. They both typically became boring and morose when they got together and especially when they paired Duncan with that cold fish Tamara Tunie. However, I kept thinking that Nola, uh Iva should have been mouthing Shannon's lines...I wonder if Marland had a storyline in mind for Nola involving a castle on an island and a Scottish stud.

Lyla seemed to borrow Lisa's wardrobe for the night and I loved Fulton giving Lisa a bit of an edge with her lines, and her looks, she is under no impression that thinks are okey dokey and lol at her easedropping while putting on lipstick. Also love the Mona Lisa being the center of activity. Ellen even got to be bitchy and I liked Susan better as a qausi trashy neglenctant mother then the morose lovelorn doc. Though I was surprised that Lisa was so happy to see her. I thought she would give David a "Are you freaking kidding me look," when he asked her where she was staying...."The only damn place in town David, the Lakeview Towers!"

• Members

I forgot to say how much I enjoyed that scene where Craig and Lucinda were talking and she made a dig at Iva and he made a cat noise. I don't think anyone understood their relationship the way Hubbard and Bryce did. Craig thought she was a pain in the ass, but he loved her anyway.

• Members

Although I've been enjoying these episodes from 1986, I have to admit being a bit disappointed that no one on YT seems to have the full storyline arc of the Tad Channing murder posted. I feel like because I was so young when it first aired, there are either episodes that I never saw or don't really remember. This Channel has a few more episodes than the others but most of the month of August is missing, unfortunately, the video uploads go from the first week of August to Septmber. That means all the excitement with the discovery of Tad Channing being dead (as opposed to missing) and Craig and Sierra FINALLY getting together at Foxwood Lodge is missing. Bummer.sad.png

• Members

Thank you for posting this--fascinating details of Susan's alcoholism story.

I would do anything to watch 1970s ATWT episodes. Apparently Marie Masters gave terrific performances back then.

She was terrific also after being brought back in 1986. I wonder if Marland was already thinking ahead about the story of Bob and Susan's affair when she was first brought back for the 30th anniversary episodes or that summer when Susan came back looking for Emily.

Edited by Limenade