Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yes. The character was a recurring role who was mostly there because she knew all of Kirk's past, so she was the only person he could be honest with. I think he may have left his wife and kids for her, or they were lovers before he got married. I can't remember.

Here's an episode with Susan. (she also came back for Kirk and Ellie's wedding)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrJviNS6QW4#t=0

• Members

Kirk wanted to have more children. Ellie was not happy with this, as she was a career woman, and he had already abandoned two children. Ellie learned she was pregnant and wasn't sure what to do. She went to New York for business, and while there, tests revealed that the baby would be deformed. Ellie had an abortion. When Kirk learned what she'd done, he dumped her. A year later, they finally divorced, although he had some regrets about it.

They had tried to write Kirk out several times (he was supposed to drown while on his honeymoon with Samantha in mid-1995), but finally wrote him out for good in 1999. I think there was some fan backlash, as he had something of a following (they called themselves "Kirkadoodles"), but not enough for the show to bring him back, obviously.

On the one hand I could see where he'd reached his end, but I always liked Kirk. He had a humor and sharpness that made ATWT stand out from a dozen other soaps. His exit was another example of the ABC-ification of ATWT in those years.

Here's some of Ellie learning about the baby. I must warn that ATWT was the definition of open-a-vein at this time.

Trivia note - Renee Props (Ellie) had been involved with Jon Hensley around this time. I think one of the reasons she left was because of the breakup.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Lily whipping Holden???? It seems that the original idea had a lot more interesting heat then the boring one that Marland went with..and also maybe showed another side of Marland's uh...interests...(I can imagine that a shirtless Holden in his tight jeans would be sweat and bent over ...and well lets hope so! )A bitchy Lily and the hot sexually forward stable boy and their interest in S/M would have been much more interesting then boring St. Lily...and Holden, Jr. Business Man. "Its all about honesty," Uh shut up Lily and pick up the horse whip!

I always thought Seth was gay too..(and interesting that Marland based the character on himself.) God, I totally forgot the wretched Angel storyline, with all the Snyder boys circling that dull as dishwater woman and the rape thing..(though I did think it interesting when they hinted Angel was going to go nuts and she kept fondling Marland's weapon du jour..the ever present letter opener...Go Angel Go!)