Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

ATWT had a surprising amount of goodwill still associated with the show in it's last few years, evidenced by Julianne Moore and some of the actors making brief comebacks. I really think it was due to a lot of the veteran cast and perhaps the good feelings that they left their fellow actors with, even those who left.

I know that Frank Runyeon was suppsed to have some type of story arc but it didn't work out. Does anyone know the story with that? I wonder if they ever asked Lindsey Frost to make an appearance? It could've been a good way to tie up loose ends with that Steve storyline. Oh well.

• Members

Oh, no, you had to remind me P.J. (LOL).

Seriously, I kind of wish that we would get a surprise of an episode from the vault or something. A vintage episode, one that hasn't been posted on You Tube before. Or that PGP would grow a heart and toss out a few classic crumbs for us to watch.

If it sounds like I'm begging a little, it's because I am.sad.png

• Members

I also saw on twitter that April 1st was Don Hastings' 80th birthday. 80! He aged very well. I kind of forget what a hunk Bob was in his younger days.

I think I'll dig up that 40th anniversary montage. I floved that.

• Members

I still didn't see the episode where Craig and Sierra got it on at Foxwood Lodge. When I see that posted on You Tube, I'll consider myself spoiled.tongue.png

I saw that too. A lot of that group, Eileen Fulton, Kathryn Hays and Elizabeth Hubbard and Larry Bryggman are such a hearty and hale bunch. It's comforting to see people age well and as far as I know, none has had any major, disfiguring plastic surgery.

• Members

You know what? I would LOVE to see that too! In fact, they should do different episodes and post them online. Start with the most senior stars: Don Hastings, Eileen Fulton, Patricia Bruder, Kathryn Hays, Marie Masters, Larry Bryggman, Colleen Zenk, Elizabeth Hubbard etc. Maybe intercut with previously recorded brief interviews with past 'stars' of ATWT like Julianne Moore and Steven Weber and Meg Ryan (if they could get them) or Lyndsey Frost.

Perhaps they could even film an additional segment where they add an additional group: Scott Bryce, Hillary Bailey Smith, Gregg Marx, Martha Byrne, Margaret Reed, Kathryn Widdoes, Lisa Brown, Tamara Tunie, etc.

One big dinner party, sort of a 'fly in the room' type of film. Either at someone's house (if it is big) or a private dining room somewhere or even on the stage of a black box or theater in the round type of setting. Dressed up but not formal.

I know I'm dreaming but it would be a nice idea for the actors as well as the fans.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

I'd never seen this and wasn't sure I'd ever see it. Toward the end of this episode, Iva reveals to Emma that she was raped by Josh, after she realizes Emma is going to have Josh come visit unless she says something. Emma then reveals that both Josh and Iva were adopted.

Lisa Brown plays the guilt and the shame in such a painstaking, honest way, almost underplaying it, that it just cuts away at your insides. This type of performance is why I always felt for Iva, even if, over time, I think it took a huge toll on Lisa and some of her vibrancy as an actress.

Kathleen Widdoes is also very good - again, subtle and quiet in her heartbreak.

I'm sorry that this was rushed and I'm angry that this ended with that disgusting pig Holden eavesdropping so that we could be all giddy that now he could bang Lily, but that's my only complaint. GIven the subject matter I'm somewhat surprised the scenes even made it to air at all.