Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Unfortunately, I'm not Carl. Nevertheless, amybrick, I feel compelled to answer your question. Ultimately, I liked Lisa Brown better as Nola. That character was more of a fighter, IMO. Iva just seemed too bogged down with all her emotional baggage.

• Members

I saw her first as Iva, and then when she returned to GL, she essentially played Nola as Iva with a kooky dress sense. I didn't see Nola until some clips on the Internet in the late 90's.

I always felt a strong emotional connection to Iva. I thought she was a realistic character, sometimes painfully so. I felt close to her. So I will always pick her over Nola, mostly because I just don't connect to Nola and the caricature of Nola, although I enjoy some of her stories (mostly some of the early mystery stuff before it was too much silliness or love story).

• Members

I'm sorry, I always found Iva such a drip! Actually, I had no use for any of the Snyders, especially when they became TEAM LILY!!

Iva could have grown as a character into a stronger, more lively woman as she dropped her baggage...(I don't even want to think about the endless "therapy," sessions with Dr. Michaels, uh,Iva, just tell us your in therapy, we will believe you.) When they put her with Kirk she was kind of fun, and she had some zingers back and forth. But they broke them up to put him with the wretched Ellie (whom everyone had to tell the audience how "funny," she was though she wasnt) and the depressing abortion storyline. What was with Marland taking a kind of funny couple like them and John and Lucy and break them up for a depressing couple like John and Emma and Kirk and Ellie. Come to think of it, its why I switched to GL at this time as ATWT was morose and GL had funny couples trading zingers and some comedy.

• Members

I definitely think that Kirk was Iva's most organic and best romantic pairing and looking back on it now, it really was a mistake to break them up and then later put Kirk and Ellie together. I guess someone assumed Kirk and Ellie would be more sexy but they certainly weren't more interesting or intriguing.

Even though John and Emma didn't work for the long term (just my guess, but I don't believe John was ever meant to be paired with Emma longterm, just as an 'in the meantime' pairing paving the way to Lucinda and John whom I always thought would be eventually paired (you can even see it in their scenes years prior to their marriage) so it didn't bother me, really. Also, so many other interesting things were going on at that time that John and Emma were not my focus (lol).