As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

Irna Phillips had the whole family written out. She hated the Paul/Liz/Susan/Dan story for it's immorality and wanted all of them gone. And she wrote out the whole Stewart family with Dan.

They were returned after she was fired, but I think they wrote Ellen out again due to lack of story. Then when they got to an hour, and they further aged Annie and Dee, they brought her back.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Ellen and Lisa greatly disliked each other for the two reasons that were listed above (that Ellen had given up her child for adoption and because Lisa had stolen Dr. Michael Shea from Claire) but also because Ellen's cousin Judy had dated Bob (Lisa's first husband) and because Lisa was sympathetic to the desires to have more independence from David and Ellen.

I think that it would have been good if Alma and Henry had an older son (who would be Lisa's brother) and he had come to town (in between Ellen's marriages to Tim and David) and been attracted to Ellen.

I also think that the show definitely should have (at the time that Nicolas Coster joined the show playing his second character) should have had Ellen (who was, by then, the widow of David) and Lisa competing for his attentions.

And, actually, Irna Phillips did not write off the entire Stewart family. Dr. David Stewart, Ellen, and the two daughters continued on the show.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO PENNY.

Her birthday is May 1. Chris would send her flowers each year, and, later, Bob continued the practice.

• Members

Who was Lisa sympathetic to having independence from David and Ellen?

I think that after David and Ellen divorced for a brief time.(during the Dobsons) .it would have been interesting to have Ellen involved in a returned Don Hughes or started the Scott Eldridge story with John Eldridge in town and involved with Ellen and Scott, who was looking for a mother figure, develop a mother/son relationship, while Lisa fumed.

• Members

LOL at freakin' Lisa shaming anyone for a child-raising related issue. She didn't even raise her own children!

I do wish I had seen Lisa/Alma scenes. I think it would be fascinating to see Lisa and her mother.

• Members

Judy was on the show I think in a summer teen storyline in the mid 60's? played by Sybil Collier. Any more details would be appreciated.

.It must have been a pretty minor storyline as it never is mentioned in summaries. I recall that Judy was British.This was at a time that all things Brit were considered cool.

Edited by Paul Raven