Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I was reading some of French Fan's synopses in the Archives 2007-2009 section. There are synopses from 83-84, 74,75,76-77, 79, etc.

I never knew Ralph Mitchell[who later fell in love with Mary Ellison Hughes] was married. Was his wife's name Mary or Sally? I've seen both names in cast lists over the years. I think Mary was a nurse. Anybody knowwhich one?

Next, I read that Dr. Alex Keith[Jon Cypher] had a son named Mark that gave him a hard time. Does anyone know anything about this character? Did he ever appear or was he another just talked about character?

Reading about Miranda Marlowe Hughes, I read about her two lovers other than Bob. One was Antoine Bisset[Jean Leclerc]. The other was Jacques[the Corsican]. Does anyone know who played him or if he was ever seen at all?

Lastly, in1978 there is mention of Pete Larsen who was murdered and Fred McNeil[?McGill}. Jay Stallings was accused of Pete's murder, and Fred was his alibi. Were either of these characters seen or just talked about? I've never seen either name in a cast list anywhere. Thanks for any answers!

• Members

I liked Wert. (and the TNG geek in me loves knowing he's Wesley Crusher's father) But he was no Joseph Breen. I think Wert could have worked in the role, but the writers simply didn't know what to do with him, and once Maura left, he and Yvonne Perry were dumped, while SC limped around and finished his contract in early '97. As one-note as SC ultimately proved to be, Rosanna/Mike weren't a ratings disaster for ATWT. Bringing his Kasnoff siblings was a disaster, but that wasn't his fault.

BTW, S, that's one bitchin' banner. Flove two-thirds of it. LOL.

• Members

They made Doug Wert's Scott a goofball. I think thats why a lot of viewers were turned off. JB's Scott was so devious and total opposite of what Tom represented. Which made him a great character. Wert and Perry looked like brother and sister in scenes and had nothing else on screen.

As for Mike....I preferred Mark ...Sarah was ok in small doses but she was on way too much with her boring useless gal pal Zoe...ugh....and of course I liked Model Paul with her...lol...ha

and thanks....floved all of my new signature..hehe

• Members

I was alright with Sarah too---and her relationship with Paul. The writing was the problem. (I still can't believe John Howard was ever hired---certainly not over Michael Park...) I didn't care too much for Mark, as he was the latest in a long line of Lily-defenders, but then again, I didn't hate him much either. (oh, the simplicity of life before the 'net...LOL)

• Members

I remember when John Howard appeared on the Ricki Lake Show and the females went wild over him...lol...he was so caught off guard with the fame.... He is a very good looking guy. He looked nothing like the other Pauls but he could have easily been CZP son...cause he looked nothing like Anthony Herrera...lol....

Michael Park is just plain and simply adorable...

• Members

For me the show was never good again after 1992 or 1993, but early/mid-1995 were the closest. Yes, 1996 was an awful time for ATWT. At the time Michael Logan was scandalized as they were working without a longterm story plan (likely common now). The show was thought to have turned around with new producers and such in late 1996, but then it went to [!@#$%^&*] again a few months later. Some people started to enjoy the show more around late 1997 when Lorraine Broderick came in.

Anyway, another 1986 episode.

Poor Melba Moore and that tuneless song...and I think she's wearing one of those astronaut weight lose outfits. Didn't she have a sitcom on CBS around this time?

Steve losing it over Betsy's devotion to Craig makes me smile. I was a little thrown when Kim compared herself and Bob to Betsy and Craig. Wow. They really were tearing Steve apart at this point - having betsy so close to Craig (and the show all but forgetting the trauma he'd put her through) as Steve seethes and seethes. Why was his shirt unbuttoned so much showing off his scrawny chest?

Is it me or did contractors always meed a terrible end on this show?

Beautiful work from Finn Carter in that prison visit scene.

This was one of those Craig's Harem episodes.

Must be one of Beatrice's first episodes. I just saw Ashley Crow on Supernatural. She was terrific. And still had the same hair. I can't keep track of how many nefarious servants Duncan had.

Lisa's fit about Barbara amused me.

• Members

Melba Moore did indeed have a short-lived sitcom on CBS in 1986, which was doomed right from word go.

Melba debuted on January 28, 1986 - the same day as the Challenger disaster. CBS then immediately yanked the sitcom from its primetime lineup and burned off the five remaining episodes that summer.

Yeouch. At least she had an illustrious stage and recording career to fall back on.

• Members

Slick, Mary Mitchell was a nurse who appeared on the show in the late 1950s or early 1960s. This was a long time before Ralph was introduced.

Swoozie Kurtz, who appeared on As the World Turns as Ellie, has a new memoir: Part Swan, Part Goose: An Uncommon Memoir of Womanhood, Work, and Family.

Who has read it? Does she mention As the World Turns, and, if so, what does she say in her book about it?