• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yes.

For some reason the first one's CZ makes me think of how she looked when Barbara was burned (later on anyway).

I thought I'd seen almost all of that story, the beginning of it anyway, so it was nice to see more. I enjoyed Casey and Tom standing out in the cold, talking about women problems. It felt natural, somehow.

And then those rushed, frantic Barbara/Paul conversations. Marland always managed to make it believable when people would lie to the police or sabotage themselves.

I did roll my eyes at that awful dialogue where Margo says James never did a good thing for anyone and then Tom says oh that's not true, remember when he saved you when you had your miscarriage. I guess that was supposed to be a sign of their love, but all I kept thinking was, a) she was being glb, Tom and b ) it's kind of offputting that you need to just randomly drop memories of her miscarriage out there, especially in front of other cops.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Ths show didnt seem so bad then. Why did Tom not want Lisa to see the kids, because of the lawsuit? This Tom was such a selfrightous prig..(I never liked this Margo either, the other ones has a sense of humor but then Marland wasnt good with that.) Why did John teach at the school, becuase he was fired from Memorial. Is this the time that cute teacher was romancing Emily. He was hot and I got to say, I thought this Mark was hot and not THAT bad of an actor.

• Members

I wish I could remember why exactly. I'm too lazy to go and seek out the rest of the clips. Like, why did Hal consider Dani such a bad influence? I remember Barbara practically hating Nikki, thinking she was a little slut (something about having Jeremy up in her bedroom strikes a chord in my memory). But I thought Dani was the good girl in all of that.

• Members

If this was from 1995, wasn't Marland, uh...deceased by then. I think HBS' Margo had somewhat of a sense of humor though, she certainly seemed to love to laugh (in between sulking and yelling).

Thank you for making it safe for me to admit that this Tom and Margo were my least favorite ones. Tom seemed so whiny and nasal and anal retentive and the sexy appeal between the couple was nil with these two. Up until these two, Tom and Margo had always had a sexiness to their chemistry. And it has nothing to do with age-- both Bob & Kim as well as Lucinda and John had a sexy quality to their interactions but Tom and Margo had become this staid, blah couple.

Although I preferred both theme songs from the 1980s, this one wasn't so bad, I actually kind of appreciate it now. For me, the last theme song they had, I just did not like.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

From what I remember, Tom cut ties with Lisa because during John's malpractice trial, her lawyer called Margo to the stand and dragged her through the mud, or called Tom and made him drag her through the mud, or something.

I'm not sure what was going on with Dani either. She was presented as a hellion for a while into Ashley Williams' run - there's an episode from spring 96 where Hal doesn't want her at Nikki's birthday party, and Nikki blows up (again) and says no party if Dani isn't there.

Fall 95 was still a decent period for the show, with Culliton, and with Valente not allowed to do too much damage. Sadly it fell apart by January.

I'm reminded again of how much Lily annoyed me...