Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I don't think he had contempt---I just don't think he ever quite understood or appreciated what made ATWT unique from the ABC soaps. I think it drove him to make bad decisions, from hiring ABC alumni to "modernizations" that ultimately hurt the show deeply.

• Members

These 1979 are perfection! wub.png

It looks as though a new headwriter/executive producer has taken over after the end of the Willows story. Lisa is "lighter" as a character, we get many group scenes and it looks as though several characters are on their way out. (Ralph, Valerie, Kate, Jay with Bennett and Hester already gone) I don't think that this Tom, Sheila, Grant, Don and Mary lasted much longer, did they? The Andropoulos brother, James Stenbeck and Hippy Tom were on their way to the show along with Margo, Lyla, Brad, Eric, nu-Natalie and Dana Delaney's character, right?

• Members

I look forward to the 1979 episodes daily!!! I just hope that we will have access to episodes well into the mid 1980s!!!! Great job on doing this, but was wondering about Guiding Light. Is it possible to get those episodes from this time period also? I believe GL was really great around that time.

• Members

Interesting that this is the transition to the Dobson's material. They were getting rid of Ralph, Dana, etc, setting up Dee and Ian for his heart attack sex, and introduced Brad Hollister. I know they were trying for a Lisa/Brad sparring relationship but what was his original purpose (that Indian Nickel thing was weird.) And tell me, was that supposed to be "hot" looking in the late 70s?

Was the convo between Nancy and Bob about change supposed to reflect the show?

It was weird seeing Bob Hughes and Ed Bauer have an argument over a woman.

Damn, those people liked to drink coffee. I was surprised when Nancy said she had wine.

• Members

I guess it's OK to post this, since the DVDs likely won't be released again and aren't available for purchase that I know of.

A while back someone uploaded the full September 1979 episode that was on the first ATWT DVD release. It takes place right after Ian's collapse.