Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I don't mean to spam the thread, but I'm trying to go back and link to some of the old articles I posted years ago that fit the clips now being uploaded. Here's one. For some reason I didn't think Schultz came in as Dee until Dan's funeral.

http://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/topic/37693-as-the-world-turns-discussion-thread/page-2#entry894478

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Someone has uploaded three ATWT episodes surrounding Lily and Holden's 1991 wedding. Two of them have already been uploaded (one of them has the full version on GenoaCityGuy's channel), but this one is, as far as I know, completely new to Youtube. Oh, the complex world of early 90s ATWT.

Those spangly, country music singer gone wrong outfits on Iva and Barbara (although I kind of like Iva's - she rarely wore bright colors). Barbara wouldn't wear an outfit like that. It's a futuristic jogging suit. I think this was one of those times CZ wasn't thrilled with the writing (she didn't believe that Barbara would be so gullible about Gavin).

This is the most I've seen of Marcy #1. I like her here. The second Marcy was much more fun but this one is the one I could see fooling Hannah.

There's also a good scene in here where Grace, from the diner in Wyoming, talks to Lucinda about supporting Lily and Holden, and instead of tearing into her, Lucinda politely thanks her, and seems to be affected by her words. Good work from Liz Hubbard.

There's a quick little scene with Kirk and Ellie too, about kids. The show really knew how to move stories forward at this time, and use an ensemble.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I've been watching so many episodes from '79 and the '80s lately that seeing this episode from the 90s is a bit jarring (I'd forgotten about Lyla and Cal) but many of the actors still have easy chemistry and the scenes have warmth despite the jarring pairings and we still have the roving camera shots that I like so much.

It's an interesting twist having Barbara be the one to try to keep it secret that she's had a baby with her sister's husband. I could see how some longtime fans might have rolled their eyes at the redundancy of the storyline and history repeating itself a generation later but given Barbara's history and personality, it kind of makes for an interesting twist and it fits.

Those outfits and some of those hairdon'ts, yikes! Barbara's outfit belongs on Voltron and as handsome as Rex Smith is, even he can't pull off that yuck-tastic sweater.

• Members

^That was a nice heart-to-heart between Kim and Betsy when they reminisces about Dan. Although I wasn't expecting everyone to wallow in grief for days and weeks, in these late 1979 episodes I almost feel as though characters went on with their lives almost too quickly and easily after Dan passed away.

I do wonder also if Betsy is being genuine here, or if she just wants some personal time by encouraging Kim to attend Lisa's wedding.

Going back to Dan--as lovingly written and produced as the funeral services episode was, I was surprised and disappointed that no flashback scenes showing Dan were inserted into that episode (or did I miss something? I believe that there was just a voice-over at the end of the funeral episode when Kim recalls their wedding vow, as spoken by Dan). If I'm not mistaken, John Reilly was the actor that Kathy Hays interacted with during Dan and Kim's stories, and John Colenback only came back to the role shortly before Dan and Kim's wedding. Perhaps it'd be too confusing to viewers to see Colenback as the actor walking out the door, but showing flashback scenes between Dan and Kim with Reilly in the role.

• Members

Kathryn Hays impresses me very much in those 79 episodes. That scene between her and Larry B has so many layers.

Would love to see her as originally written by Irna. From what I have read she was a very different character.

Interesting that she was not accepted as Leslie on GL and was replaced. How long before she went to ATWT?

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

Those 91 clips remind me why I quite watching the show around that time and started really getting into GL..only to be dissapointed in a few years there too.

Too many Snyder, weird Lily, ugly Courtney the "model,"....too many Snyders..that damn farm kitchen..(lol at Lisa driving out there in her studded dress) another whos the baby storyline and that really unappetizing Snyder incest theme summed up with Iva's "Well, I will never be comfortable with the man who raped me, who impregnated me with my daughter who just married my brother,but getting back to my rapist, you know the one who is seeing my sister, who is the illegitimate son of the guy who was dating my mother, well, I can deal with him at family party, despite the fact that he raped me because he is in THERAPY!!!!

Good riddance Oakdale hello Springfield. Marland was past his prime here and should have left.

• Members

Rita Lloyd is criminally forgotten. Her time as Lucille Wexler scared the living crap out of me.

I'm sorry---I love that opening. LURVE. IT.

Yeah, Holden's a douche---but that clip actually makes me appreciate grown up PapaToAllOfOakdale Holden. At least until the !@#$%^&*] went after Carly.

• Members

God that opening sucked and totally represented the show at the time..boring, bland, sleep inducing.

I LURVED the Lucille Wexler actress..she would have been great as James bio mom in the Dobson's storyline or as Scotts' grandmother, nemesis of Lisa. Love to see her having a face off with Fulton, but they made Mrs. Eldridge a bore.