As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

Okay, I did get that sense that it was very brief. And yeah, you hit the nail on the head, I didn't want to come out and say it but Terri and Hunt were pretty bad but Anne looked downright uncomfortable, even with Ellen Dolan, in those scenes. I'm not putting the blame on Anne, though because the scene was a mess and the acting was so disengaged that I felt as if Anne was in a vacuum, like she was on a different energy than the rest of the actors who seemed very low energy. Wasn't '00 the year that ATWT started getting acclaim again? Hm.

I think our only hope these days are...dare I say it? Web soaps. If Beacon Hill does well, might Anne Sward put in an appearance someday? With HBS executive producing and Scott Bryce as one of the actors...well, I'm going to cling to that possibility.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

That's Christmas 2000. Poor Anne Sward, hauled out for Hunt, Terri and Todd Rotondi. An Unholy Trinity if there ever was one.

Re: really old stuff---what I heard was that sometimes episodes that were used in flashbacks survived. What's that eppy from...the mid-60's maybe?

• Members

Was that Neil Wade walking into the room with Penny?

If so that was probably mid-60s.

There's also a clip from around this time that is on the CBS Youtube site, where Ellen and David talk about how happy they are.

I remember when ATWT was canceled, CBS put up a number of old clips from the 60s, including one of Bob and Nancy discussing Lisa's return or future return, one of Bob talking to a disappointed/distant Tom, and Grandpa talking to Tom.

I just wish we could see more of this material.

• Members

December 1, 1967 .

Bob and Don are in the Hughes kitchen, when Bob gets a house call to Lisa's. Pa comes in–he has something for Jimmy (Sandy's son), and hopes Sandy will be there for Christmas as well.

Lisa is sick and Bob checks her out. Lisa doesn't want to go to the hospital–she's pregnant (with Michael Shea's child). Tom, born in 1960, is 15 years old. Chris and Pa talk about Sandy–she's missing. Lisa is taken away in an ambulance. Dan is also in the ambulance.

Written by Irna Phillips, Warren Swanson and John Boruff.
Directed by Paul Lammers and Cort Steen.
Producer: Lyle B. Hill.
Cast Credits (in order):
Nancy Hughes . . . Helen Wagner
Chris Hughes . . . Don McLaughlin
Penny Hughes McGuire . . . Rosemary Prinz
Bob Hughes . . . Don Hastings
Ellen Stewart . . . Patricia Bruder
David Stewart . . . Henderson Forsythe
Lisa . . . Eileen Fulton
Grandpa Hughes . . . Santos Ortega
Claire Shea . . . Barbara Berjer
Paul Stewart . . . Steven Mines
Dan Stewart . . . John Colenback
Dick Martin . . . Edward Kemmer
Dr. Michael Shea . . . Roy Shuman
Roy McGuire . . . Konrad Matthei
Susan Stewart . . . Jada Rowland
Judge Lowell . . . William Johnstone
Karen Adams . . . Doe Lang
Tom Hughes . . . Paul O'Keefe

• Members

According to the cast list, Tom at this time was played by Paul "O'Keefe who was Ross on the Patty Duke Show. I also noticed Dan was being played by Stephen Mines. Stephen played Moondoggie on the 1965-66 series Gidget with Sally Field. I saw that Mines is on eBay selling autograph photos from his career and wood crafted items he makes in his workshop. Someone should email him and ask about his time on ATWT.

• Members

All Dobson material right?

Wow, I bet this was the first time that "venereal disease," and "abortion," was ever mentioned on ATWT, and in the same sentence no less!

The actor playing Brad was a total dofous and so goofy looking. Was that supposed to be chemistry and banter between he and Lisa? Were they testing him with her and eventually put him with Annie??? (though it would have been an interesting storyline to have him marry the more well to do older woman while pining away for the younger, sexually cut off woman...I wonder if that is what they had planned?)

Lol on Joyce and the scarf and hiding behind the newspaper...which Laura Spencer would do in about 4 or 5 years back from the dead. I also like the "hippies," that picked Joyce up and that they went to the trouble of showing us how she survived...instead of a "I swam away from the car and hitched a ride to San Francisco."

Carol was a normal cheery prescence...its too bad they didnt keep her on as recurring. They could have had her marry the town minister (who was actaully her husband in real life) and have her on recurring.