Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

With DC Andy has at least been tweeting the housewives again, Mary, Cat & Lynda. Even was with Mary (and Sonja & Countess from NYC) at fashion week. Cat did a blog for Beverly Hills on Bravotv.com and the website did a Valentine's Day feature with Mary's husband. IMO, that type of movement at least is a move in the right direction. Cat is also heading to NYC for the Inbox Full release party and Andy is going to be there.

Before he was just ignoring questions about DC and the housewives themselves, so we'll see. Maybe the lack of success with Miami is helping the show. It's just a shame they're missing so much liek Stacie's snarkworthy trip to Nigeria (she was interviewed by the Nigerian Oprah lol), Mary's Label For Love fashion show and Cat's aformentioned book launch.

Honestly, I do think they were way too hard on this series. The ratings for the first 3 BH episodes were lower than anything DC had and DC's first season was on par with NYC and OC. Even NJ had similar ratings for much of it's first premiere. The big problem is that it didn't build to anything anybody wanted to see. They should've minimized the Salahi's, put the white house garbage midseason and move on. I'm sure there were more interesting things to feature. They put too much stock in the Salahi's.

• Members

Regarding DC, I wonder if they're receiving political pressure because of the White House fiasco. The solution seems very simply by retooling the series without The Salahis but after some of the things I read in various blogs this series is definitely being held to a different standard to the other shows.

• Members

After keeping on with this thread I decided to give Real Housewives another chance, this time with New Jersey. I rented the first DVD of the first season.

I think the preview special was much more concise at 22 minutes and I wish they would have all episodes like this, with a few extended for specials. The 44 minutes tend to just repeat old clips. In four episodes I saw some scenes four times!

Unlike OC, where I was put off by the cold and controlling relationships between the mothers and the children, I enjoyed more of the less complicated family atmosphere with Caroline and her kids. They seem like one of the most believable and fun families I can remember on any reality show.

Danielle is more interesting in how the other women react to her than she is on her own. Jacqueline being torn between Danielle and her family is great drama, but Danielle's life is boring as hell to watch. What was that ridiculous business with this supposed phone sex partner who stood her up for a real date. It all seemed so scripted. So did her melodrama with her 26 year old boyfriend. 26? Did they get that backwards? Even with the hack work done to her face she still looked the same age as he did.

Dina bores me. She just has no real camera presence and she reminds me of an OC reject. The only time I was more interested in her by the numbers control freak stuff was when she was with her daughter, or her brother.

Jacqueline is such an integral part of the show, and there are so many people like her in real life, but often they don't get on TV because they aren't having fits all the time.

Teresa does absolutely nothing for me. I think she's very delusional, cutesy, and the way she IMO exploits her daughter is distasteful and takes up way too much airtime.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

I think the show works at at an hour and I cant see it being just a half hour. I like the format.

If you find Danielle's life boring, then you will be dissapointed with season 2. I thinks he itneracts with the other women on about 4 times throughout the season. She isnt friends with any of them and most of her scenes revovle around her boring kids, and bitching to the camera and Kim G about the other women. I think thats why she was fired, bc they couldnt stretch out her drama another season when no one wants to tape with her

Love Jacqueline and her sweet nature. Easily my favorite of the bunch.

Teresa didnt do much for me at first but she really comes into her own in the finale and by season 2 is teh breakout star, IMO. She really is integral to the show and I cant see it without her. Her relationship with her daughters is adorable.

• Members

New Jersey is just DRAMA - sometimes fun and sometimes annoying - but overall one of the most popular series.

That is promising news about DC - I really hope they bring it back for a 2nd season.

I just can't WAIT for more OC. They are playing repeats all week from Season 4-5.

• Members

I've read about some of the confrontations with Danielle and Jacqueline and Caroline in the second season so I do want to see that but I will probably skip some of the stuff with her outside of that. She just doesn't really have enough presence to work on her own.

I think I like Teresa more in a supporting role and not with all the stuff with pushing her daughter into showbiz.

• Members

I found New Jersey extremely dull. Season one had so little going on and was building to the table flipping. Season two was just rehashing everything that happened the first season. Plus it went on far too long. I thought it was a mistake not to add an official new housewife from the start to shake up the dynamic. Kim D and G were good in their appearances, but I wish they were better weaved into the cast.

And Theresa? An absolute moron. She just seems to get worse and worse and I hope with Danielle gone she'll get called out for her bad behavior in season three. It bothers me she gets a pass simply because Danielle is worse.

• Members

I kind of wonder if that's why I liked the early episodes, because there was less going on and more people bouncing off each other (like Caroline and her husband and their dumb son/lawyer and player son/daughter who might sort of want to be a beautician). I don't know how I will feel later though. I hope people won't be annoyed if I ever watch anymore and post here - I know you've all seen all these already.

• Members

I wouldnt call Caroline's son, Albie dumb. I dont think it was brought up in season 1, but the guy has a learning disability which has affected him his whole life. It becomes a plot point in season 2 when he is kicked out of school bc those at the school failed to work with him and get him the proper help that he needed. Watching Caroline break down and cry over Albie being basically told he was dumb and not good enough to achive his goals was one of the most hearbreaking moments in housewife history for me. I truly felt for her and him in that scene. Defiently not scripted

• Members

Oh I think you have kids confused. Christopher is the younger one with the dreams of strip club car wash. Albie is the oldest and was studying to be a lawyer. Albie is the educated one who tried to go down a more traditional path wih realistic goals. Chris was the more wild one, whom I dont think even went to college.

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

I really enjoyed the first season of NJ. I ended up taping all 8-9 episodes when they ran a marathon during Thanksgiving/Black Friday and I was hooked instantly. There's not a lot of substance there, but an incredible amount of drama.

I hope they bring back DC, but what sad to hear the Bravo cameras weren't there when Stacie met her biological father. Would've like to see that integrated into season two.

Speaking of Cat's book, has it been released yet?

Edited by tina m