Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The RoHNY residences were so central to the show in a way I haven't seen on other cities, except maybe BH.  Like, sure, everyone thinks about the McMansions on Jersey and the early days of OC in Coto, but the NY women's properties were truly extensions of them.  The aesthetics or lack thereof almost always reflected where they were in their lives and how they perceived themselves and wanted others to.  Just like New York was always the other housewife on the show, so was Sonja's townhouse, Bluestone Manor (and Dorinda's underwhelming apartment, which starkly contrasted her pre and post-Richard life), Carole's downtown apartment, Kelly's loft in the Police Building with the horse, Ramona's ever-changing Park Ave. apartment and Hamptons McMansion, BOTH of LuAnn's incredible Hamptons homes and taking it all the way back Bethenny's IKEA apartment and Alex's Brooklyn townhouse.  It's why we missed so much with 'wives like Heather, Aviva and Tinsley--they didn't have proper home scenes . . .  Heather wasn't allowed to film in her apartment (but her Berkshires house was an amazing contrast to the other wives' vacation homes) and neither was Aviva, so she staged a rental as her home in s6 and it did not land . . . the only thing that landed worse was Tinsley's stupid residence hotel that she used to fake living in NY.

Losing the townhouse is losing a character in the story--I am very sad from that perspective.  But omg Sonja has needed to free herself of this for sooo long.  Realistically, Sonja can't ever fully let go of her past . . . but the townhouse literally had her living in it.  I, too, pray that she realizes enough from it to give her a future.

• Members

First of all, they should be filming all this ASAP.

Secondly, while I don't think the marriage was shaping up to be rainbows and unicorns, I do think Alexia was blindsided by Todd filing.

Carlos King recently speculated on his podcast that Todd, a financial planner, probably had a pre-nup in place where the two-year mark represented an uplift in any payout going to Alexia in the event of a divorce. Todd was likely aware that the two-year anniversary was bearing down on them. He reviewed the marriage coolly, like it was an investment, decided it wasn't going to last in the medium-term, and then moved to divest himself quickly in order to avoid a bigger payout.

It's a shame because his first season on the show, I thought Todd was an interesting RH husband, and spoke a lot of sense to Alexia and Peter about Frankie and his care.

I'm sure Alexia will land on her feet, but she's been used to expensive lifestyles under Herman and Todd (and probably when she was married to the cocaine cowboy). As Adriana pointed out in S5, Alexia is used to living off the money of her husbands. Having to fend for herself will be hard, unless she is already independently wealthy (from her mom and Herman) and has money in trust.

In other news... How long until we get a RH franchise back on the air?!

I've been watching The Valley and it's fine, but I'm just not a VPR uberfan so it's not hitting the spot for me like the RHs do.

Spanky Bored GIF - Spanky Bored Little Rascals - Discover & Share GIFs

Totally agree, each of the residences you cite had a unique personality, just like New York City itself which was literally another character on RHONY. It denoted status within the group, too, and that status was finely calibrated. Like Bethenny obviously bought and sold apartments with big pricetags, but they all looked like suites at a business hotel, and in a way her status wasn't truly Top Dog as a result (much as she hustled to be Top Dog in front of camera and behind the scenes).

Personally, I thought Dorinda's second (rented) apartment in the city had a great living room and view of the city. Luann's homes in the Hamptons were both incredible, especially her first one, but Ramona's Hamptons abode is definitive RHONY for me. More definitive than Bethenny's or Jill's Hamptons homes. I can pick out her kitchen or the green-and-white bedroom from memory.

• Members

Next week with NJ.

So have you try out VANDERPUMP VILLA on Hulu...? I do believe there is a new episode today, too. Messy, but it's been fun so far.

And yet Bravo pushed them back to fall for filming and seem intend on avoiding RHOA, but WANTS to start filming RHOP again.

Make it make sense. 

• Members

@Taoboi plz don't get me started on the debacle that is RHOA. I am so livid with Bravo with how they are handling the crown jewel (RHOA). Without the success of RHOA, there would be no other cities. RHOA put Housewives on the map. I think it should be top priority of Bravo to get this show up, running, and filming in time to air by November/December. It is criminal that we have no cast outside of Kenya & Porsha. Meanwhile, Porsha's world is going belly-up and we are missing it. 

@Cat Bravo is stupid if they don't have the cameras up for Miami. And they are already pissing me off with regards to that show b/c they are rumblings that they want to get rid of Julia and Guerdy. That's stupid. Miami is the best cast on Bravo. The only casting alterations they need to do is bump Kiki, Marysol, and Adriana to full-time and get rid of the "friends" aspect of the show. Messing up this group of 9 women will cause Miami to spiral into the depths once again. Did they not learn from last time when they messed with the season 2 cast?! 

• Members

LOL. I feel you on that. There is no reason...NONE...RHOA isn't filming with the twists and turns to Porsha's divorce. They should at least be test filming newbies with her and Kenya. It makes no sense.

And I was just about to ask if you heard the Julia/Guerdy rumor. Make THAT make sense because Julia was THE pot-stirrer last season. Boring...WHERE??? If Guerdy leaves, it better be by her choice because she is over it.