• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
Posted (edited)

Oh...? Interesting. Cuz her and Luis appear okay irl. Appear.

That said...I have to give credit where credit is due. I know we all know how I feel about Marge, but I liked her tagline. And I love Teresa as well. 

It does make me want to catch up a little.

And every new day...a lawsuit. What is going on in that Bravo house?

Yeah...with nothing reality tv wise to watch and an off day...I'm seriously considering starting NuNY again tonight because it seems like it might have gotten interesting before I got too busy. But watching it knowing that 'Eric' might be behind its second season does not give me the vote of confidence. As much as I liked most of this past season of RHOP (and I still have to finish RHOA since I stopped midseason before the Drew divorce really started due to work), it really stalled midseason and was a mess until the end...and as time has gone by...it was a case for me of too little, too late. And I know of the gaslighting of Candiace by the GEB, Andy, AND Production so I'm not looking forward to sitting down to the reunion. Sober at least. lol. 

Edited by Taoboi

• Members

NY

Well, putting my words where my mouth is. I did start over with NuNY. So I figured that I would do a first impression. Again. Since I did watch the first episode originally. I might even go and see if I can find my first impression again from then lol.

Oh, one more thing...OH MY GOD!!!! THE CITY!!! It is making me miss New York City something fierce. Whoever was behind the photography is giving me so much life. And the fact the ladies are housed all over Manhattan and beyond was a clever choice and giving me so much to verbally devour. 

UBAH. I find her light and breezy and I don't mind that. And she's beautiful. And I like her location around Columbus Circle...more or less my stalking grounds.

JENNA. The icon!!! lol. But I find her quirky and fascinating. She's very...cute messy in the same vein as Julia was this past season on RHOM. And I don't think I liked her apartment the first time around. That has since changed. lol. 

ERIN. Type A personality. But it is nice to see a little bit of a different kind of life through her religious family. And clearly in love with her husband given how many kids they have a la they have the sex. lol. I do think I found this cheese drama petty, but fun petty the first time around. This time around...it was just silly. Not bad silly, but hopefully not something that keeps going as the season goes on. I liked that her and Brynn resolved it quickly.

SAI. I like her start-forwardness. I might have found it icy the first time around. Now...I MIGHT stan. I find it appealing. Perhaps it has to do with a lot of my life over this year, but it feels 'right place, right time' for me given some of the internal changes I've gone through. So I might observe her for pointers. Unless she is a bitca and then NO. 

JESSEL. Hiding behind a mask. I like her. But there's something...off. I look forward to seeing what pops out.

BRYNN. Hehe. She was my favorite the first time around. STILL is my favorite. She just screams Brooke Davis from ONE TREE HILL for me and her voice is Rachel's from the same show. 

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I'm serious! I'm getting JFP vibes from this guy -- look at his cast pets. His bland filming 'aesthetic.' His stunt-SL-whenever-my-job-is-in-danger moments. Hey Mia girl! Thanks for the finale-episode lift!

Your impression of the first few episodes on nuRHONY is interesting in that it highlights how things changed over the course of the season regarding audience reaction.

Sai, Erin, Ubah and Jessel saw the biggest 180s. (I'd even argue that Sai saw a 360 because in a weird way, audience estimation of her, which was at rock bottom by the finale, edged up a bit after reunion because she acquitted herself pretty well and did a few Mea Culpas).

Ubah imploded at reunion and I'm not even sure why and whether we got the whole story on that, but I liked her during the season.

Jenna is an icon but... I'm wondering, by the time you get to the end of your viewing, whether you will feel that the bloom is coming off the rose?

Jessel in the early days, I thought, would be a one-season wonder. I felt she was contrived, trying to be someone she was not (New York important fashionista) and hiding a strained marriage. Then, somewhere along the way, Jessel changed her mind and revealed that she was actually a slightly quirky, eccentric nerd, and she was OK with talking about her marriage (and so was her husband!). Her star rose very quickly indeed after that shift. Her personality infuriated Sai and Erin and made them look worse.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Great write-up. Like Ramona said, people in New York are savvier, and so is the real estate.

Please register in order to view this content

Playing catch-up on the thread. Had a nice few days in Las Vegas, which meant we had to go to Vanderpump's Cocktail Lounge at Caesars a couple times. The Checkmate Bitch is to die for

What have we been watching during the current Housewives drought? Old (new to me) episodes of Married to Medicine. Gosh, those women are the best. 

Hmm okay, let's see how the latest crop of newbies do. Glad they kept Kiearna. Now work your ass off to earn a surprise flute, a la Sutton Stracke. 

RHONJ: 

I actually kinda like the taglines. Meanwhile, time to gear up for another dark ugly season full of women paid to hang out together. I mean, that's the majority of them these days, but these ladies legit hate one another. One final year before we get a big overhaul, as Andy hinted. 

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

I'll give the NJ opener this -- it has actually made me want to watch the first episode of the new season. One reason is the Lack of Marge. I just can't stomach the woman anymore. The other is Dolores looking like a mob queen and trying to bring the famb'lies togethuh.

I simply do not care about Whoville Fuda and Staten Island (aka the defanged chihuahua -- all bark and no bite). I'd much rather have Jackie Goldschneider and Jess Fessler take their places.

Jennifer has always been about the alliance that keeps her on the show. Why she's trying to save Melissa's job now is beyond me.

Yes, the hate is real for real. It seems like half of Northern New Jersey is personally invested in the show -- in being a part of it, in collecting a paycheck from it, in making a living in the RH ecosystem off of it (podcasts, etc). The cast themselves are highly invested in remaining on the show and will literally destroy family relationships to stay. Marge has apparently accrued serious dirt on everybody, to the point where if this were Murder, She Wrote, she'd be in danger, girl.

10 Reasons Why Murder, She Wrote Is EVERYTHING! — Fresh Retro Juice

I'm not sure this season should even have happened. But I will see how long it can hold me. Last season was an almighty chore.

What was in this Checkmate Bitch cocktail? I love a tasty cocktail! 

RealityTVGIFs