DAYS: Discussion for the month of March

• Members

I like this set of teens much more than chelsea/abby/max/stephanie thing we had and much more than Saved By The Belle days when they all took over the show. Im sure a large part of the reason i like the teens is just that, they have not ate the show! That and i do think the actors are far better than the days of jason Cook screaming and nadia Bjorlin trying to act. oh, the horror of salem high... lol. I am glas JKJ is still here as Philip, but thats about it for that entire set.

She would just flirt with him like she did every other man. lol.

I did notice that mom & dad are docs and mel was/is/might be in some whack ass medical program thats not college via the hospital. lol.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sometimes the music DAYS uses, puts me to sleep. I feel like they play lullabys!! The show definitely has the worst music scores, of all the soaps right now!! I definitely have to sit instead of lay down, when I watch DAYS, LoL.

But the show is still good :) Wednesday's episode was not bad

• Members

That was why they appealed to me at first...they weren't on everyday, and I liked when they were on unexpectedly. I guess the storyline they are in, I'm just not feeling. It's almost as if there isn't even a storyline, stuff just happens with them all at random times. After the baby switch stuff, they got boring to me and now it seems like the Writer's don't know what to do with them. Hopefully they have something coming up with them soon, that makes them more interesting, or something...

• Members

Thats because there isnt a storyline.

Im not sure what the storyline was, but it seemed like they were headed somewhere then it was dropped and right now they are kinda floating. i know the teens got a lil extra time off and i assume its cuz the writers were reworking story. i know they are working steady again too so i hope they figured it out because i do think will/mia/chad is rather solid, it just needs some direction and a story.

• Members

Thank you for posting that clip. I thought I was a fan before, but that just seals it for me. I love it when actors can poke fun at themselves (the fact that the poli-sci model character doesn't own shirts is just briliant). EM is a good actor, but I thought he was treated as just another pretty face on Passions. His Ethan Winthrop was as dumb as a box of hair. Most of what EM was allowed to do was look confused and yell (at the wrong person about the wrong thing). His work on Passions prepared him well for that clip.

Er... EW on Mel flirting with Daniel. I'd forgotten that! I've been giggling through Carly and Daniel scenes. They're my favorite. Someone is FINALLY not hand-holding that whining sniveling woman! Daniel should be angry after everything Mel has gone through. His scenes with Mel were pitch perfect. You could see the love and awe in Danie's face while talking with Mel. Shawn Christian has been a fave actor of mine from his stint as Mike Kasnoff on ATWT's but Daniel has underwhelmed me until now. His love for Mel and sense of disgust for Carly has been fabulous.

Carly was willing to let Lawrence take that child from her. I don't get it. Not that I condone murder - even the murder of fictional characters, but if she was going to kill the guy, the time to do it was when he was going to ship her beloved baby off to parts unknown. What the heck!?!? This is one storyline you can't look too closely at because the details are so shady and the storyline is so disjointed. Carly couldn't find Mel, Lawrence could - and it took decades for Carly to rid herself of Lawrence for whatever reason. At least it lends credence to Mel and Daniel hating Carly for decades of lies.

• Members

I never saw him on Passions so when "NuBrady" showed up, I took one look at him and I immediately thought he would be a hot but wooden bore. Wow, was I wrong. I love his Brady and it's obvious he can do a whole lot more.

Their scenes were great. They have a wonderful rapport. Those old flirting scenes probably have a distinct Luke & Leia pre-"Return of the Jedi" vibe to them.

ICAM!!! I love that he's not coddling that delusional wench and has the balls to be genuinely pissed about what she's done to him and Melanie. Not being an ATWT viewer, I never saw SC on that show so I only know him as Daniel. I don't want to compare him to Martsolf because I doubt he's as multi-talented but I think it's obvious that he can do more than what Days has given him prior to this past week.

Nothing about this makes any sense and only serve to make Carly look stupid, pathetic, and extremely selfish. My only problem with Carly stabbing Lawrence is that she did it twenty years too late for it to do any good. If he was torturing her and threatening to kill her baby, why wait around to see what might happen next? Was she so enamored of her old life that she kept hoping that the Katerina-adoring Lawrence she left town with would come back someday and that's why she just went along with the insanity? If that's the case, then she's even worse. Then she was acting out of pure self-interest not just weakness and fear. I mean the man was a murderer and rapist before he got sick, it's not like she was gonna wake up one day and he'd suddenly be Mr. Rogers. At this point, with what we know, Carly deserves every ounce of disdain she gets from Melanie and Daniel and Bo has no right whatsoever to try and guilt Melanie into feeling any other way.

I find all of Carly's lame excuses bogus. Carly had to know how Lawrence would react to her being pregnant by another man. He was always a sick control-freak. She could have avoided this by telling Daniel discreetly before she was even showing so that Lawrence wouldn't know yet. Or she could've told him after she'd had the baby so he could intercept the handoff to Trent. Daniel is Victor Kiriakis's godson and as such could protect Melanie. As much as Victor hates Carly, he would have had no qualms about having Lawrence killed if he needed to to protect Daniel's child and there's no way Vivian would have the guts to take revenge on Victor.

And how dare Carly even pretend to be shocked that Lawrence, the monster that wanted to kill her baby, deliberately had her raised in a hell hole! It's bad enough that Carly left town with the rapist/murderer nutbag in the first place but now we're supposed to believe that she was stupid enough to trust that her baby with another man would be given a decent home by that paranoid control freak? And that Carly saw Daniel at other conventions and conferred on cases with him AFTER she'd had Melanie, which Daniel said happened, but she still didn't tell him?! Are we really supposed to believe that she kept it a secret because of Rebecca? And hasn't she been dead for several years now? She had no excuse not to discreetly tell Daniel what had happened, why she gave Melanie away, and where to start looking for her.

Victor's one-liners and John Aniston's deliveries are the best in daytime. Hands-down.

• Members

"You know, Vivian, that dithering thing that you do stopped working on me back in the Reagan administration." :wub: Victor. One of these days, I need to get an avatar of him.

I was surprised at how taken in by Melanie and Nathan's chemistry I was today. The actor who plays Nathan was looking miiiiighty fine, too.

Eric Martsolf as Brady is one of the best recasts of recent Days history, I'd say.

ETA: Peter Reckell killed it in his scenes with Molly Burnett yesterday. What an underappreciated actor *grrrrEmmys*

• Members

I knew EJ would bring Sydney back :rolleyes: gawd, he is such a freak! But I just loved everything with EJ and Sami, everything at that DiMera mansion! EJ asked Sami and the kids to sleep over :wub: LOL.

Dumbarse purse carrying Rafe ruined it for me, though. WTH, he started questioning EJ, MINUTES after EJ saved the day and brang Sydney back! UGH, he was so annoying in today's episode. He has the same lines, same facial expressions, same boringness!! Get off of my screen, and bring Gabby and Arianna with you!!

I love that we are seeing an increase in Chloe\Philip scenes :wub:

Molly Burnett is doing better as Melanie, I especially like her with Daniel. I am looking forward to them, post Melanie being in the hospital!

• Administrator

Ummm...you do know that he's a cop/FBI, right? ;) And that he wants to find who kidnap Syd. It's only logical for cop to have that mindset to find out as quickly as possible where EJ "found" Syd so they can search the place for clues. And by EJ not going to the hospital right away, that puts Syd "in danger" because they don't know if she's been harmed/hurt. Instead they bring Syd to see Johnny? Seriously?

Just enjoy this false-family while it last. EJ's going to gets his nuts shot off by Sami soon. :)

• Members

Stephanie:Hey Mel, how are you doing?

Melanie:How do you think I'm doing, you bitch?

Stephanie:(clueless look)

LOVED it!! Finally this letter stuff is coming out, can't wait until Melanie realizes that she made a mistake for marrying Philip!! She belongs with Nathan, that is all ;D.

Loved the EJ\Stefano scenes, but I just don't get why EJ is so mad at Stefano still? Get over it, man. And Kate was great to, why is she so back-burnered these days? :(

LOL @ Arianna saying no to Brady's marriage proposal, hahaa!!

Fair enough, Rafe is an FBI agent..I get that. But he could have at least let Sami savor that precious moment for at least a minute before he started questioning EJ left and right!

LOL that was stupid though, to bring Sydney to the DiMera mansion just to see Johnny. Maybe they were setting up for that Stefano scene today or something. They could have did it at the hospital, though. Come up with a more creative way of having Stefano and Kate be there..whatever, LoL.

• Members

Steph and Mel are a great pair of rivals.

Kate is back burned because Lauren was on vacation when most of these episodes were filmed. I expect her episode count will pick up later in the year. That said, she and most vets are working on a reduced guarantee, so they're only going to work her for what she's guaranteed. Peter Reckell has gone so over his guarantee that he's off the show for a month.

• Members

The unbelievable has happened. I have fallen in love with Rafe. He is an old fashion soap hero who is quite boring at times, but I love how he loves Sami and her kids, is suspicious of EJ, and is a good (for a soap) FBI agent. I am confident that EJ's plots are going to fail. Rafe will figure it out, just as EJ starts to make head way with Sami. Sami has too many kids, but I hope that she and Rafe have a child together eventually.

Nicole as a touch prison chick is hysterical and exactly what I expect from her. She is no one's victim. I now think that she will manipulate her way back into EJ's life, maybe she finds out that he took Sydney so she blackmails him into staying married to her.

I usually can't stand Daniel, but he and Melanie are good together.

What is wrong with Maggie? Anyone know?

Arianna needs to hold firm and not marry Brady.

Archived