DAYS: Discussion for the month of March

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow, this week was an uber snoozefest. Too much EJ/Sami/Rafe for my liking. I used to believe the rotten core of this show was John Black but he passed that baton onto Sami Brady years ago. I really wish she would leave the show and run an orphanage in "Africa"....

Carly/Daniel(so he can actually act when he wants to, who knew?)/Melanie/Vivian/Victor/Chloe SL and Nathan/Mel/Steph/Phillip are the only stories keeping my attention. Esafe, teens and Ari/Brady are boring me to death.

• Members

So...we have a problem.

The Baby Switch storyline is officially WAY TOO LONG. It should have been wrapped up 6 weeks ago. I am now sick to death of Sami wailing and smiling and then wailing and smiling some more.

What the show needs is a strong storyline for Lauren Koslow, Louise Sorel, Joe Mascolo and John Aniston, some sort of rivalry between the two couples, it needn't be super serious, but something substantial because those four can carry anything.

The scenes with Maggie and Daniel were very good, thanks to Rogers, she has lived this storyline in reality, so it's effortlessly coming together onscreen. Many actors cannot do a tremor, she does them perfectly. Better still, she portrays the defiance that some patients exhibit when they are truly afraid. Outstanding work on her part.

Otherwise, meh, the show has lost some momentum. I couldn't care less about Carly/Bo/Hope/Justin...it's a snooze.

The saving grace is the return of Nicole, finally some energy back on screen!

• Members

I agree its way too long now - even though the focus has shifted to a kidnapping rather than a baby switch. I guess my major gripe is that Sami, EJ and Rafe are too boring to have this story centred around them and to be brutally honest, none of them have the acting chops to keep people reeled in. The structure of each episode does it no favors either - Any EJ/Sami/Rafe scene is so long and tedious compared to other stories being featured on any day.

As with all the stories on this show, its the supporting actors and actresses who keep me interested (or vaguely interested where they cant compensate for the suckage in the centre). You are so right that LK, LS, JM and JA need to be driving story. Somehow the focus of all the stories is on all the wrong characters.

• Members

That's exactly my point. I just don't find that Sweeney, Gering or Scott are strong enough actors or have enough charisma to keep me interested in their storyline. That's the same criticism I have of Chappell. There are a lot of lifeless leads in storylines.

I can't say that for Molly, Shelly, Mark and Jay, they are are selling their storyline and are compelling.

Lauren, Joe, Louise and John are all very capable of driving storyline and they have in the past. It isn't as if the writers are against them...so someone should just throw them a storyline and let them run with it.

It's the same with Suzanne Rogers, this storyline she's in isn't really about her in the long run, but at least it gives her something to work with and she makes something happen with it.

Hell, I wouldn't mind a storyline with Nicole/Roman/Anna at the center of it.

• Members

the entire baby saga just dragged. you could see it in JS, AS, GG, and even AZ who luckily got a break. time to move this on. please put all baby stories on a one year hold! thanx.

the steph/nathan/melanie/phillip story being supported by carly/daniel/maggie/victor/vivian is whats really got me hooked.

• Members

The dialogue between Daniel and Victor on Friday's show, was spot on!! John Aniston is looking so great these days, and he's totally nailing every word he's given to act out. He does humor mixed with drama so well....LOL at what he said about Daniel's sperm reaching Carly's 'Turkey Baster' LOL!!

Loved Nicole and Chloe, I like them as friends.

Let me get this straight, so ONE DAY after Arianna says no to Brady's proposal, she says yes after he asks again?? That was so stupid how it all formulated, what a sad joke. YaWn..

Also YaWning at Sami\Rafe hogging up my screen. These two flip flop off of each other in every episode! One minute, they are fighting..the next they make up and are all affectionate, kissing each other. Then, in the SAME episode, they find something to nag about and are back to fighting with each other..whatever.

• Members

Ari Zucker looks so gorgeous au naturel. I'm going to eat my words -- I'm glad she's back. But this baby SL needs to end. Now. I'd like to think that Nicole's return is about dovetailing the show into a new set of stories, not continuing the baby tangle we've had for the last three years. Please.

• Administrator

To me, the baby saga ended when Sami got Sydney back. Now we're into another story with Rafe trying to find out who kidnapped Sydney, and the eventual fall of EJ. It's a nice continuation that reminds me of Reilly-1.

So glad Nicole's back! :wub:

Woah, Max! I had no idea he was going to show up, so I had to do a double take when he walked into the Brady Pub.

victor was hilarious!

I didn't understand that either. And proposing at the Java Cafe was so cheap. :blink:

• Members

Indeed on Sweeney and co. I'm actually on the fence regarding Chappell - I wasn't expecting her to light up the screen, because she didnt in her first stint on DAYS, but I don't find her awful either. However given all the hype and her Emmy for playing Olivia on GL, yes I was expecting more. Kristian Alfonso is acting circles around her - I loved today when Hope saw through her "i'm-a-martyr-woe-is-me" shtick and verbally bitchslapped her with her "don't patronize me" comment. KA nailed those scenes so well and came out on top in both acting and character chops.

I'm glad Max came to visit Melanie - adds some realism, but I still find the character creepy and am glad its just a temporary visit.

Loved Nicole figuring out Anna today. Also loved Anna having a meltdown on the plane. I loved it when she told EJ to say hi to her sweetpea and he replied "Yeah, I'll get right on that" and hung-up. Ej is such a bitch lol.

EJ/Sami/Rafe = zzzzzz although I have to admit Agent Clark makes Galen Gering seem positively animated. Probably not a good thing...

Archived