DAYS: Discussion for the month of March

• Members

What would Hope want Bo back? He's so sleazy to me, now. Why doesn't Hope ever get to some great love that Bo has to watch HER with while he pines for her?

The redux of Ethan and Teresa is putting me to sleep. I couldn't stand the actors paired on screen on Passions, I can't stand the actors paired on screen now.

Why do the writers have to make Sami so stupid when it comes to EJ? She's normally so brilliant (in a scheming sort of way). In order to try to make her vulnerable to EJ, they kill off Sami's brain cells. How could someone as duplicitous as Sami - who never trusted in coincidences before, believe that EJ isn't involved? He just happened to know that Anna was in town, said nothing, and didn't think it was suspicious that the baby went missing at the same time? At least Rafe isn't being written as a dolt.

I also just blogged about the fact that NO mother would force her adolescent son to live under the same roof as her rapist - children together with former rapist or not. DAYS writers get so much RIGHT. I hate this constant presence of EJ in Sami's life and the twists and bends the writers have to take to try to make it work.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Fair enough. I'll have to listen for the sound. I definitely don't notice it on my TV, but then again, I always have a window open or the air on or something. If they could turn on a damn fan while people are doing their scenes on the docks, it would make the "outdoors" bit so much more believable. But hey, I can totally take that stuff if the show is still on the air and as consistently enjoyable as it's been for a good year now.

And Kate has always looked like that, since about 2001. I think you're right and "Gypsy Whore" is LK's preferred style.

• Members

Sorry, the question should have read, 'what would make Hope want Bo back?'.

Carl, I actually agree that Hope has been cold, but I also think that KA is striking the right tone given the past/recent storylines for Hope. Bo is Hope's only real love. In the last few years his supposedly miscarried child ends up alive, she makes Hope's life a living hell, Billie uses the opportunity to try to destroy Hope's marriage and Bo is too much of a loser to make Billie back off, then Bo's troubled daughter kills Hope's son, her daughter is kidnapped and yet another ex for Bo shows up with yet another child... the only difference is that this one isn't his. Of course Bo is off and running to rescue 'old love' at Hope and his family's expense... That she hasn't hurt Bo makes her a heroine as far as I'm concerned.

BTW, Melinda Clark, daughter of John Clarke (Mickey Horton) is now on The Vampire Diaries.

• Members

I think the last few weeks they have been writing Hope as a lot warmer, less irrational, more sympathetic. I think if they keep that characterisation up, she would be workable in a romance. But I would like to see her in a rootable romance, not a Patrick Lockhart crap one.

• Members

I'll go along with that, but not if it's clear from the start that a Bo/Hope reunion will be the endgame. Otherwise, there's a tendency to make the third party look bad and justify the legacy couple getting back together.

Guest dc cubs

I agree. Days is finally tearing itself away from the supercouple mantra. They shipped John/Marlena and Steve/Kayla off the show last year. The last remaining one is now split up. I think we all know that when Days ends its run Bo and Hope will be together. However, right now I'm fine with them being apart and having separate relationships. For the first time in a long time I don't have the feeling that Days is going to reunite Bope just around the corner. I think Days will play this out longer term.

I was a big Bo/Carly fan in the 90s. I'm happy to see the show exploring them again as a couple. Since Bo has moved on with Carly its only right that Hope gets a rootable romance of her own. Justin seems to be the choice right now. I want Days to give Hope and Justin the same chance they are giving Bo and Carly.

• Members

I want to really like Rafe--and to a certain extent I do--but GG plays him SO smug, in all the wrong moments, that it makes it difficult to. I could not believe the way he spoke to a Governor--a Governor for God's sakes!--it almost made me want to smack him.

Enjoyed the Rafe/Victor/Ford/E.J. montage and both of them finding out about Anna at the same time.

• Members

Brady and Nicole are utter love! I can't wait to see if Brady's actually going to marry Arianna or not.

Bo is so hot :wub: lol I kept swooning :lol:

Great seeing Adrienne.

Vivian and Victor getting married! And Vivian deciding to play psychological warfare on Carly's ass! Great.

• Members

I couldn't agree with you more!! He is so arrogant and in everyone's business all the time. And Sami had the nerve to call Brady mr judgemental the other day. I think Rafe's high horse puts everyone else in Salem's to shame. And I so liked him for awhile. I still want to like him but it's dificult! Most of the time I wish someone would just tell him to mind his own business!

Archived