DAYS: Discussion for the month of March

• Members

I don't think Chloe has a problem with Melanie's new role in Daniel's life. It's Carly she's worried about. Chloe feels insecure about her infertility in light of the Melanie revelation not because of Melanie but because it means that Carly has a connection to Daniel that she'll never have. Now that they have that connection, we all know that it won't take long before Carly gets herself into trouble, loses Bo, or both and suddenly needs a man to play protector and her baby-daddy is the most obvious choice. That's what Chloe fears the most. Given Daniel's own damsel-in-distress fetish, I don't blame her. Chloe knows that Carly can work the whole victim thing to her advantage and that Daniel will fall for it, cloaking the whole thing in the guise of doing it for their daughter. Chloe has every right to be worried. If Chloe was smart, she'd move in on Melanie now while she still hates Carly and become BFF's with her to get her on her side.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It feels like Days is gearing up to launch another load of SLs. I always like the promise of this semi-transition period.

It is so good seeing Judi Evans on the show. Adrienne's scenes with Justin, Stephanie and Hope were great. Hope really shouldn't be meddling, though. NOt unless, deep down, she wanted proof that Justin was over Adrienne and ready to worship the ground she walks on. I really liked Justin's reaction to Hope's actions. He was angry and it was probably the first time he realized that Hope wasn't some saint who walks on water. Good. Because if there IS going to be an Adrienne/Justin/Hope triangle (and I sort of hope there will be), I want it to be an equilateral one.

Carly really is the outcast of Salem, huh. Now she has Chloe hatig on her and Philip abetting Chloe's insecurities. She's letting a lot of people kick her while she's down -- maybe they are setting up Carly to suddenly bite back. Maybe she'll snap at Melanie's putdowns one day, causing Melanie to be so surprised that she forgets to talk baby tawk for a second.

The Passions additions to the show -- GG and EM -- have been great. However, I don't know why but Lindsey Hartley is not working for me at the moment.

• Members

Lindsay Hartley actually does a lot to sell the character of Ari for me, but my main problem is that I don't really know who Ari is. The character doesn't click. I find her enjoyable at times, largely because I find LH charming with Martsolf (and they look so relieved to be playing semi-normal human beings together), but nothing about Arianna on her own compels me to watch her.

• Members

It's still to "Ethan and Teresa" for my tastes, and now Nicole gets to be 'Gwen'. LH doesn't differentiate her characters enough for me. She does that thing that feels like 'nervous energy'. It makes ME nervous, LOL! I loved her best on the online soap she and her husband started filming, 'Brawn and Glamour'. She was an incredibly fun bitch goddess. I wish she was allowed to play it out on DAYS, instead of the Teresa Redux.

• Members

EJ loves Sami, and he's going crazy over it :wub:

I loved the Ari\Nicole scenes on the plane. They let it all out, and Ari wasn't half bad during all of it. And no surprise, Brady couldn't stay away from Nicole five minutes once he arrived in Salem, and called her to meet up by the end of the episode. And he wants nothing to do with her :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, but Daniel's fall was so hilarious!!! And the way Daniel looked was hilarious LOL!! I love how Melanie calls him dad already...i really feel bad for Carly, though. Melanie treats her like pure trash, she is taking this way to far in my opinion. As if Carly is that much of a harm to her. Melanie needs to loosen up, and open up more to Carly...this whole rebellious daughter, "Stay out of my life", babyish antics crap Melanie is pulling, is getting old!

• Members

Take a bow, Brady Pub Day Player who had more lines than Chloe yesterday.

Oh, dear Lord. Can Melanie stop crying? Please? I can't deal with all that squeaky hii-hii-hii sobbing again.

So... who is left in Salem who actually likes Carly? Bo?

To think... if only Sami had flashed her golden cooch at EJ earlier, she wouldn't have had to go through the Sydney double-kidnapping/is-she-dead torture. Cuz he only NOW realizes that he wuvs her. Jesus give me strength.

Sami-Nicole catfight today! YES!

• Members

ITA. Melanie is horrible. The crying and whining in that baby voice had got to stop NOW. She sounds constipated.

I loved Victor getting his digs at Carly. He wasn't wrong that Chloe needs to keep an eye on Carly around Daniel.

I have no problem with people disliking Carly. She is annoying and needy. I wish her and Bo a long unhappy life together.

EJ is sooo pathetic. I don't think that deep down that Sami has any interest in him. I was quite happy with Rafe gave Sami the cold shoulder. She can get back to him when she regains her smarts. Why did Sami become so dim? She should be suspecting EJ's motivations.

Ari looked so pretty in that white dress and flower in her hair on the plane. I thought that Nicole looked older and tired. Ari needs to come to senses and dump Brady who still has a thing for Nicole.

• Members

Why does any scene that involves Sami, EJ and/or Rafe last at least 3 minutes but any other scene on this show is capped at 30 seconds?

Nevermind just Ethan/Theresa, the whole show seems snooze worthy these last few weeks. I normally like transition periods where they throw everything up in the air before the stories take off, but that isn't happening. The only time I perk up out of my coma is when Vivian, Victor, Kate, Stefano, Nicole or Maggie are on.

Nadia Bjorlin is so mind numbingly monotone, they should podcast her as a cure to insomnia.

I know I'll regret saying this, but Kenzie was actually entertaining on the last episode.

• Administrator

Not to me. It was.....good but definitely not the best. The first two punches and the dive across the bench were awesome!

She's been entertaining for a while now. What I like about her is that she gets make jokes. And she has a personality unlike Mia and Gabby and Will. Even the other dude, the other friends, I forget his name, has more personality. And when Kenzie's on screen, she's not boring.

Archived