DAYS: Discussion for the month of March

• Members

You know how time goes by and you forget the impact that certain characters have when they're together? That's what happened to me. I was looking forward to Judi coming back and to her having scenes with Wally, but I didn't really have (too) high expectations, especially considering the characters are divorced. Well, when as soon as Justin looked at Adrienne it all just came back to me in a rush. They had such a great chemistry, and it's still there, in the air. I loved seeing them together, even if in total they were together for under 3 minutes.

Judi looked great and I really enjoyed her first episode back.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Judi Evans did look very good. I love Judi as an actress. She is amazingly talented. Loved her as Paulina (AW) and Beth (GL), but I could never stand Adrienne. I always felt that she ruined the Kiriakis in Justin. One scene that sticks my head about their relationship was when Justin thought that Adrienne aborted the twins and he slapped her. It was an insane moment. I couldn't buy them as a couple after that even though I know that Justin was feeling crazed in that moment.

• Members

I must say, Judi Evans looked stunning yesterday. What a difference from ATWT. However, I have to say that I have been really warming to Hope & Justin. I know Bo & Carly has stolen the thunder as the big "new" coupling but IMO Hope & Justin have a sweetness and unexpressed chemistry that Bo & Carly lack. The way Justin looked at Hope as she walked away in yesterday's episode was just as affecting as the light that lit up in his face when he looked at Adrienne.

And Adrienne was kind of a wet blanket back in the 80s, but since then JE has gone on to kick ass as Paulina on AW and she's always good at playing those flawed, feisty heroines. Maybe she'll bring some of that in her portrayl here. Anybody know if Evans is only here for a few episodes or for a longer run?

And I wonder if Wally Kurth and Stuart Damon will share any scenes? LOL!

Melanie... gah. She has the willpower and emotional depth of a 3-year old.

• Members

I just realized -- the actress playing Lois... did she play Madame Moreau on Sunset Beach? You know "You is baaaaaaad, Virginia. Bad to da BONE!" ?

Speaking of SuBe, that dance Nicole did with Lois when she got pardoned by the governor was very Annie "Shake your moneymaker" Douglas.

• Members

Yes Judi Evans looked fantastic. She has never looked better. And yes Wow the chemistry between those two actors. DAYS needs to find a way to keep Judi Evans on. She is too good of an actress not to be on Daytime! DAYS is doing such a good job bringing back characters. I am loving Anna. I am loving Justin. I am loving Carly and Vivien. How many times in the past have we had a past actor or actress brought back to no storyline at all- or a sorry one. Think Mary Beth Evans and Stephen Nichols. I love Patch and Kayla. But the writing the last time made them so boring. I wish eventually these writers could bring them back with an actual storyline. And we get to look forward to Melissa Reeves and Charles Shaughnessy soon(love both of them). I hope they can be on longer than short term. Calliope back, Melissa back, Andrienne and Justin back, Vivien back, Carly back, Lawrence back, Kimberly back, Marie back. I feel we are reliving the best of the 80's and 90's. And this is with all of the budget cuts. How do they do it? Just keep it up DAYS!!

• Members

Completely loved Anna and Jim.

Nicole going around in circles regarding telling Rafe about Anna was great fun. And her victory dance with Lois was PURE GOLD! I laughed so hard, it was a well-played moment. And she might interrupt the Brady/Arianna nuptials! Yay, that's sure to be lots of fun.

And I liked Rafe going over to Jim. Fun!

• Members

Everyone is eloping on Soaps these days, I hate it. It's like they all think they just have to elope or have a quick ceremony! I so hope Brady and Arianna don't really get married! YAY to Nicole, for arriving just in time :) can't wait to see Ari's reaction, and the start of Nicole getting her out of the way for good!! Also, I am going to miss Lois, the security guard at the Jail. Her and Nicole were a hoot, especially at the end, before Nicole left!

LOVE Adrienne, I cannot wait to see what happens next with her.

EJ, just tell Sami that you love her already. :)

Nathan and Melanie :( Gawd, tell Nate you love him already to, Melanie!! He's slipping away, you don't really want Philip! He belongs with CHLOE! You belong with Nathan, Stephanie belongs with.............

• Members

Kudos to John Aniston. I missed yesterday's Days, but saw the Ari/Brady/Nicole promo. Run Ari, run to EJ. Nicole is so ridiculous. She ups and decides that because Brady loved her, he must be the one. Is she suddenly in love with Brady now?

• Members

They could seriously up the production value quite a bit by piping in some background noise (birds, wind, cars, whatever) in post-production. The utter silence of the whole show really makes it feel more like a stage play to me.

Plus, there are always 20 extras in the Java Cafe, but no one else is ever on the docks. Just have one extra walk by in the background! It would help a lot!

• Members

Actually, there's not always utter silence--when Nicole and Rafe were talking in prison for example, you could hear various people talking somewhere off, or when the door opened to Maggie's house, there was this sound signifying the streets outside being busy.... But I haven't noticed it while watching on TV, only on the laptop with headphones! lol So it's probably very, very, very low.

By the way, I think people are being unfair and way too critical of the show sometimes, in terms of production. The lighting gets very close to being bad, yes, but the sets and costumes aren't that awful. Especially the customes. Most characters have their own style and taste, they usually look quite nice (Maggie is fabulous, but Kate I feel sometimes looks like something exploded on her--but I have the feeling that's also a LK choice of wardrobe) and if you compare them to other shows.... the dreck we often see there.... I mean, come on.

• Members

I agree. It's not Desperate Housewives in terms of production, but Maggie's cottage is gorgeous and doesn't look anywhere near as worn down as the Abbott "mansion" on Y&R. The Kiriakis mansion looks exactly as it has always looked, and I'm fine with that. I like the DiMera living room and Sami's place. The problem I have sometimes is the bright NBC lighting and the background music, which is essentially my 3-year-old nephew banging on his itsy-bitsy toy piano.

As jp said, OLTL is much more drab.

Oh, and John Aniston has always rocked. Yesterday when he called up Vivian and she was all "Hello, my angel" and he barked "Get your ass over here" and hung up. ROTFLMAO!

Archived