DAYS: Discussion for the month of March

Guest dc cubs

It was nice to see some Stefano and Kate today. Days needs to use them more. I had to laugh at Will using an accent to relate how EJ called him a bloody bastard. I hope it doesn't take Stefano too long to figure out that EJ was the one behind the kidnapping.

I forgot to mention this in previous posts but that wedding dress Arianna was wearing looked like a toga. I didn't think anything could look as cheap as Melanie's wedding dress but I was wrong.

Good to see Faye today trying to reign in Nicole and stop her from ruining Brady's wedding.

Still not thrilled with the teen scene but good for Chad in dumping Mia.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow, Mia is a giant BRAT!! I was cheering for Chad when he dumped her! Now your all alone, Mia!! What is she going to do next? Hey, the teens weren't that bad today, I have to say. Gabby was good...WTH, did Mia put salt in Gabby's coffee?? I was expecting Gabby to barge back in there and choke Mia or something, LOL! Maybe that's happening on Monday's episode, I'll be mad if DAYS just lets that slide. Oh and Will was great with Kate, when he was telling her about how Mia was two timing him...I am warming up to this recast.

EJ is a stone cold man, blaming his own father for kidnapping Sydney when he damn well knows that he himself is the one who did it LOL! What a hot mess EJ is, the clock is just ticking until Rafe finally closes in on him and Anna.

Loved Fay! I always like Fay\Nicole scenes. LOVED when Gordon (the Justice of the peace) was all like, "Whose Stefano?" and Fay was like, "The Godfather, with 8 or 9 lives" LOL!

• Members

It's definitely the actor for me, and not the character...with Rafe. GG is just not doing it for me, I wish DAYS would recast this role. GG has this monotone voice that is SO annoying, and those smug, snarly facial expressions he makes 24\7...cant..stand..IT.

About the montage, I thought it was very well crafted, and I love how it came out in the end, with the Anna reveal. I found it to be really clever.

• Administrator

What's the big deal? He was a corrupted Governor. LOL

Me too. I wish they would give Casey Jon Deidrick more to do - I think he's the best out of the teen group. They need to give Chad more of an edge.

• Members

Agreed.

He had that edge early on but once the teens got sent to backburner hell after the baby switch ended, so did that part of his character. The teens need more focus and development, in general. They don't really have a story. They are just filler that are trotted out every now and then and it's been that way since November, if not longer.

• Administrator

Yeah, I understand that. It was the way the scene was written, like Bo didn't give a damn about his family, it was like his family was an after thought. Victor tells Bo that he'll spend the rest of his life in jail and Bo immedietely replies "Knowing that Carly and her daughter are safe." Like that was the only thing that mattered and his disregard for Ciara. I just haven't liked Bo since Carly came back. Bo doesn't feel right to me anymore.

• Members

See, Bo feels right to me for the first time in a very, very long time.

But then again i am SO happy to have Bo away from that shrew that has brought him down for over a decade that i dont much care. LOL.

Besides, Bo is a smart man. He could off Vivian and get away with it.

Guest dc cubs

In the next episode, Carly asked Bo if he really would kill Vivian. He told her that the important thing was that is what Victor believed. So Bo did a very convincing bluff with Victor.

• Members

Yeah, I thought it turned out Bo was bluffing (not 100%, I don't think, but to a significant extent).

I actually see this as being very in-character for Bo, though. He's always been a hothead, and how many times has he been "kicked off the force" for acting like an a-hole? What's interesting to me about this current setup is that, for the first time in forever, he doesn't really have that family unit that has pulled him back from the edge. I mean, he has Ciara -- and Shawn, somewhere out there -- but he doesn't have Hope, he doesn't have the home with her, etc. I feel like he's sort of slotted Carly, and Melanie by association, into the role of "Someone I gotta protect" because that's what Bo does. He always has to be someone's hero.

• Members

It's not a big deal but it's infuriating because a government employee doesn't just burst into a governor's hotel room, threatening and almost yelling at him. Even if you think they've done something wrong (Rafe had no proof), there are protocols, rules and regulations concerning how one must conduct themselves that need to be followed. So Rafe going in there and acting like Ryan fuc.king Lavery was just bad. It would have been FAR more interesting if he wanted to confront him but had to be restrained, polite, but also with threatening undertones. Nevermind a hint of realism.

• Members

I'm really liking the Melanie and Daniel interactions. Melanie must still be having symptoms from the shooting, she is still acting like a small little baby (like how she was at the hospital)...but it's ok with Daniel, sine he's her dad. :) I do hope that she gets her humor back, though. And is Chloe really going to be jealous of Daniel and Melanie's relationship? :rolleyes: ugh, how childish. She was grinding my nerves with all of her dirty, questionable looks at those two. My day was saved with those PHLOE scenes, though!

I am liking Adrienne...and loving all of these returns, but everything is seeming so paint by numbers to me right now. A lot is happening, but really nothing is happening. If that makes sense to anyone, lol.

Shutup Carly and Hope!!

Archived