DAYS: Discussion for the month of February

• Members

It looked to me like Melanie definitely stepped in front of Vivian. It just struck me as more of a "Um, what is the crazy woman doing with that gun?" move, rather than an instinct to protect Vivian herself. Like she was just stepping between them to break up a fight.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

That blocking (Mel stepping in front of Vivian after Carly pulls out a gun) still doesn't make sense to me. Anyway, it's over and done with, can't wait for tomorrow!

Well of course not, Melanie doesn't have super speed powers. LOL

• Members

I agree with you about still loving the show, i do to.

But that scene where Lexie and Abe were talking, having a heartfelt moment...it was just random and I kind of felt alienated from them. It just happened, and then we didn't see them until the end of the episode, when Lexie was tending to Melanie's gun shot wound...the scribes clearly aren't paying that much attention to Lexie\Abe. It was like they were throwing us a bone for us to get quiet or something. I want to see more of them, and in an actual storyline.

• Members

It actually read to me like, "Uh, we have 90 seconds of airtime to fill and we've gotta get some use out of this terrace set, so go make some romantic [!@#$%^&*] up." :P

I agree that they can and should be utilized much better. Today's scene worked for me, though, in the sense that they were clearly doing a Valentine's thing and interspersing little interludes between the couples -- Lexie/Abe, Will/Mia, Brady/Ari, Sami/Rafe, Chloe/Daniel, and I forget who else -- with the story action.

• Members

Yep. She has to get out of jail somehow (she did get like 20 years) and that seems like the most likely way, especially given she heard Anna's voice and was trying to recognize it prior to Ari Zucker leaving on maternity leave.

The baby story is moving very slowly (which I don't mind, it needed a break) and it's clear they are stalling for Nicole's return and then we will likely see it moving at a much more reasonable pace.

• Members

My only complaint about the Carly/Melanie/Vivian story is that it was a little rushed and under-developed. They could have easier stretched this out to May but my guess with Zucker's absence they wanted something big for Feb sweeps and this was it. Yeah CC went over the top there but for the most part she's been fine as with her generally low-key performance. Of course, Sorel is the driving force of the story.

• Administrator

Ejami is officially dead. Thank you, Gary Tomlin. Loving the latest twist of EJ faking Syd's death. :) If we thought Sami slapping the hell of Nicole was something, it's going to be explosive when Sami finds out the truth about this.

Archived