DAYS: Discussion for the month of February

• Members

It should be obvious LOL.

The whole baby switch started in Fall 2008 with Sami plotting to make sure EJ never knew she was pregnant with his child. She planned to keep his child from him. The baby was born and Nicole switched them and then the baby Sami had died and EJ learned that Sami had his child. Therefore, he had to grieve a baby that wasn't his all because Sami kept the child from him (and because Nicole switch the babies but since we are focused on Sami here I won't get into that).

Not to mention Rafe has taken his place in Sami's life and he's playing daddy to his kids. There were scenes on the Christmas Eve show where EJ was listening in on Rafe and Sami talking about how happy they will be together with Sydney, Johnny, etc and Sami basically wasn't very regretful about what she had done in lying to EJ about the baby.

EJ had every reason to snap and go back to his ways. The show spent a year setting it up. We saw signs of it in the Dimera/Kiriakis war story and after Sami lied and kept his child from him resulting in his grieving a child that wasn't his and after Nicole lied to him twice (which led to him kicking Nicole and his own daughter out of his house and life), is it any wonder he's done what he has? He wants a stable lifestyle for his kids. That is why he is plotting to take Johnny away along with Sydney. He doesn't want no more custody issues and he doesn't want Rafe anywhere near the kids. He's done with Sami's games too. There is plenty of reasons.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ohh, okay thanks for clearing that up. I didnt really watch the show during the baby switch storyline, I didnt really start up full time until like 5 months ago.

I knew about the baby switch, but i didnt know all about sami trying to keep the baby from EJ. Only bits and pieces.

Thanks for filling me in :)

• Members

I've been super busy and have missed a lot of shows, but just did a youtube marathon to catch up this last week, and based on that i don't find CC over the top that much. More often than not, I find her underwhelming which is fine because thats how she played Carly between 1990-3 - its in character. I thought maybe she would be a powerhouse actress now given her rave reviews and Emmy she got while on GL, but she seems the same to me as in her first stint on the show. She's not bad, but not great either.

Louise Sorel on the other hand has me spellbound as Vivian - love her so much.

While speaking about acting skills, I don't like nu-nu-nu-nu-Will at all. I'm loathe to say it, but I think I preferred the last one sans his haircut. This one flames so much I'm scared Taylor Spreitler is going to catch on fire (although given the Mia hate on the boards, I think some would like that).

SL related, loving the whole Phillip/Melanie/Victor/Vivian/Carly/etc. umbrella story - I'm into it now after a slow start and will try watch daily again to keep up.

The baby-switch is dragging too long now. I don't even think Nicole's return will spice it up. Maybe I missed it, but how come Stefano hasnt figured out EJ yet? or Anna for that matter...

Due to missing out, whats the deal with Stephanie? Is she obsessed or in love with Nathan (or Phillip)? I like her more grey, but I missed too much to suss her out...

I actually felt sorry for Chloe with her hysterical pregnancy - those are probably the best scenes I have seen Nadia Bjorlin in ever.

I like Arianna and Brady as characters, but I find them a snoozefest together.

• Members

No thanks! I just wish Ari was gone..! I think she is so useless with this show. I was so hoping DAYS would experiment with her and Lucas, but we've already seen the last of him this past week, so..:( I hope Ari's DAYS are numbered.;P

I love EJami and I still think they can work! Love Nicole\Brady, can't wait until Nicole comes back. Other couples, Nathan\Melanie, Philip\Chloe, Stephanie\Plane ticket, Carly\Daniel.

B)

• Members

I agree, Arianna and EJ isn't the greatest pairing, but honestly i dont see how else they could use Ari...I think Brady will go back to Nicole whenever she comes back, and i dont see many other choices for her....Lucas, too, was my other choice, but since he's gone...idk.

I like EJami too, but I dont think after Sami finds out what EJ did with Sydney, she will be running back to him. If anything, I think it will push her and Rafe more together.

• Members

LOL. I know it's really rare that it'll happen but I really have a feeling that she is never going to find out, and EJ is going to act like he "found" Sydney and give her back to Sami, making him the hero. And if she were to find out, I just think she'll be really pissed for awhile and when he tells her his reasons (her doing the same thing to him!), she won't be as mad...idk, I just still think they can work out. EJ raped Sami, and she forgave him! They have two children together, that will always bind them together......:(??

So then Ari should just be killed off, or she should leave! :P Or she could be with Roman, LoL.

Ugh, I think you are right about Sami and Rafe. But I just LOATHE that pairing SO MUCH, that I keep my prayers that they won't last, and she and EJ will reconnect!!

• Members

I'm sure EJami fanfic would be along the lines of:

Sami: I can't believe you faked our child's death and lied to me!

EJ: It was to get back back at you for faking our daughter's death and lying to me about it.

Sami: I guess thats fair. Lets make a deal: No more faking our children's deaths and lying about it. Unless they actually do die! What do you say EJ?

EJ: You have a deal, Samantha!

Embrace, slobber, bonk. The end.

• Administrator

A false hero which I can live with as long as they play the secret and build up to EJ being exposed.

I think once Sami founds out, she's going to shoot EJ.

Hogan Sheffer wrote Sami out of character. Sami would've never forgiven EJ, especially after what Alan did to her. Damn Hogan Sheffer.

That's true.

• Members

I know EJ's doing it months after the whole Grace fallout..but Sami still knew she was his, and if she would have told him, a whole lot of grief could have been saved. I think when EJ brings that up to her, Sami's going to tone her attitude down a notch. She needs to remember that she did almost the same exact thing, and didn't tell him! Whatever happens, whenever this is over...I think that Sami isn't going to be as mad, when she realizes his reasons for having Sydney kidnapped and faking her death. Whether they will get back together or not in the end, I really doubt it but I still have that shimmer of hope because of Johnny and Sydney...

Yeah, when Sami forgave EJ about Raping her, that totally threw me off. And it almost seems like it's been forgotten, because it's NEVER ever mentioned nowadays. Almost like the writer's are ignoring it, brushing it out of the way.

• Members

I think Sami could possibly forgive EJ.

If EJ does seem to be the hero for now, that would be OK, but I agree with Toups...I would want a slow build up leading to him being exposed, and Sami being upset.

After, that I dont know if Sami could forgiveh him.

However, I have a feeling if that were to happen, she would have fallen completely in love with him again, and maybe even married him, so when she finds out, it will be "Do I leave him even though I love him...Or do I stay with him and forgive him for his lie." Similar to Carly's decision with Jax.

Then after that, I could see Roman consoling her, etc. and eventually she would end up choosing to forgive EJ again.

That's the best I could sell it to you, Toups :P

• Members

Omg if EJ were to play the hero and "find" Sydney for Sami....and then they fall back in love eventually, get married again, then the whole truth comes out, that would be so great to me!! Sami would totally stay with him I think! I hope this is what happens, hopefully Rafe dies somewhere along that road to. This is what I want to happen! Love your idea!

Archived