DAYS: Discussion for the month of February

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

"and EJ" ? Damn, jp. You weren't kidding around when you said you hated him now.

I just watched Thursday's episode and I honestly mistook it for a Friday Cliffhanger. Vivian and the pillow... Daniel finding out he is Melanie's father... Stefano and Rafe totally closing in on EJ's part in Sydney's "death." I have to say I almost felt sorry for EJ when he walked in on Sami and Rafe together in bed. James Scott had this look on his face. Anyhoo, it pretty much disappeared when he started ranting at Anna about it. Anna's right. He needs to stop pretending he's not BSC in love with her.

Molly Burnett -- woah. She is still hit-and-miss in those hospital scenes. The crying... youch. Suzanne Rogers continues to rock the house. I think most everybody on earth would love a mother-figure like Maggie in their lives. She is Melanie's mom in all but name.

I don't know how I feel about Ari returning. I love her -- but Nicole still needs to pay for what she did and it feels too soon to let her out of jail right now. I haven't had a second to miss her yet, you know? Plus she was on everyday in 2009.

• Members

Hm, I really don't think you missed much. Friday's show was the show to watch, and I kind of think it was the only one that mattered LoL..Mon-Thurs was good, but If I didn't see those and then just watched Friday's epi, I would be good B) but Mon-Thurs, Mel was going crazy finding out Carly was her mom, she was acting like a true baby. Carly wouldn't tell Melanie who her father was, but Thursday at the end of the show we find out that it is Daniel. Mel still doesn't know, I expect it to happen on Monday. Rafe\EJ\Sami stuff, pretty much normal, Friday's show is when it gets good I think.

• Administrator

EJ was majorly creepy when he broke into Sami's place and then watched Sami/Rafe in bed sleeping and then threw a hissy fit by breaking a vase. I'm glad he changed his plan though because his other plan didnt' make any sense since he still wanted Sami.

I generally like Molly B. but yeah, she's not a dramatic actress. She was pretty bad in the hospital scenes. She's better in light scenes.

Favorite scenes of the week were Vivian/Melanie where Vivian couldn't bring herself to kill Melanie. I thought Louise Sorel was very good in those scenes.

• Members

I didn't think Molly Burnett was bad at all. I think, due to my background, I look at how actors play hospital patients a little differently. Now, I might be giving Molly too much credit here, but I thought she played Melanie as if she was coming out of a coma/painkillers/sedation very well. A lot of patients are hysterical when they wake up from routine surgery, let alone a coma. I thought she did a rather good job, very woozy, I believed it.

I'm REALLY glad Abe, Phillip, Victor and Hope all gave Bo sh*t for his ridiculous behaviour as a police officer. Bo and Hope working together, but not romantically together, is an interesting way of going about it. I like it.

Galen Gering is a remarkably good man crier. A lot of male actors can't pull of hurt, he does it perfectly. I'd also add that Joe Mascolo has been amazing this week and Lauren Koslow as the pillar of strength has been terrific as well.

Kate and Stefano are my favourite couple, those two, both of very selfish cores, love each other completely.

Shawn Christen did a great job with the paternity reveal. I am still very underwhelmed by Crystal Chappell. Is this her on her A game because I'm not familiar with her work aside from DAYS and she was much better her first time around on this show.

Suzanne Rogers did nice work and her little slip outside of Melanie's room is the kick off for what's next...can't wait.

Far and away though, the scenes between Louise Sorel and Molly Burnett were amazing. Burnett had a few good moments, the standout being her outburst at Carly being her mother and throwing her away. Louise Sorel was spellbinding. She quaked with talent. She lived those scenes. Vivian's pain and her inability to kill Melanie were so deep, the grief she has for the loss of Laurence is so profound...her empathy to Melanie spoke volumes. Vivian turned the corner and it was beautifully acted.

That's the difference between Louise Sorel and a lot of the cast, she's an actress in the best sense of the word. I can bet she's a pain in the ass to work with at times because she demands perfection of herself, but the results speak for themselves.

• Members

Did you notice some of the new musical scores, Toups? We heard one of them for the first time in the scenes where EJ caught Sami and Rafe in bed both at the end of Wednesday's episode and in the scenes at the start of Thursday where we saw his reaction to finding them together. There was also a new score or two in the Stefano/Kate scenes on Wednesday as well.

• Members

It seems that Gering is far better at playing wounded than almost anything else. Kate & Stefano are awesome together and I really didn't expect to like this marriage much when it started.

Her best work on Guiding Light was fantastic but there's a real sterility in her Carly portrayal right now which is odd since her GL character was a giant walking nerve. Of course her GL character was also more complicated than Carly, that might be part of it but I think she's been weak on her webshow too. Maybe she's just spread too thin right now.

Those scenes were incredible. I loved them. I was pretty sure that when push came to shove, Viv wouldn't be able to do it but it was good to see it play out.

• Members

It seems that Gering is far better at playing wounded than almost anything else. Kate & Stefano are awesome together and I really didn't expect to like this marriage much when it started.

Her best work on Guiding Light was fantastic but there's a real sterility in her Carly portrayal right now which is odd since her GL character was a giant walking nerve. Of course her GL character was also more complicated than Carly, that might be part of it but I think she's been weak on her webshow too. Maybe she's just spread too thin right now.

Those scenes were incredible. I loved them. I was pretty sure that when push came to shove, Viv wouldn't be able to do it but it was good to see it play out.

Archived