DAYS: Discussion for the month of February

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Here we go, DAYS is finally picking up. Carly's been kidnapped, Hope knows about Melanie, Stefano/Kate hired a hitman to kill Vivian, the wedding is closer.

Love Vivian's poisonous tiara too. Shades of Kate's poison apple. LOL

That was hilarious. :lol:

• Members

I loathe Stephanie for not giving Nathan that note from Melanie! If only the poison from that dastard comb Vivian got for Melanie, could have sunk into Stephanie's veins when she was holding it!!

Good episode today overall, DAYS is really heating up. Where did Carly learn those fighting chops B)?

I have a feeling, Chloe won't be pregnant for long.

• Administrator

NuWill has a ton of energy, playing with his sister. We wouldn't have seen that with Old-Stiff-Will.

As a Melanie/Nathan fan, I loved it because it keeps them apart.

What I didn't get was when Vivian opened the door, why didn't Carly use that opportunity to leave since she couldn't open the door from the inside. Now they're both stuck! That was a bit contrive but I get what they're setting up with Hope coming to the rescue.

Same here. Loved Vivian taunting Carly over the computer. LOL

• Members

I can understand why Carly didn't leave. She thought Melanie was out of danger as long as Vivian was away from her. She has no idea about the comb and she decided to lure her away to protect Melanie. She was smart enough to put Gus in the closet too. What bothered me a bit was why she didn't try to overtake Vivian when she came in. She could totally take her so her just letting her waltz in bugged me but I guess we get a good faceoff out of it so there you go LOL.

• Members

I loved the last week because it built up to a somewhat melodramatic moment as Melanie collapsed on the bed!

Kate and Stefano are my favorite couple in daytime. So deliciously wicked, selfish and true to themselves. They have killer chemistry, Koslow and Moscolo really sell it beautifully. I feel that, deep down, they're in love with each other even though it's a union of convenience.

Chloe and Daniel continue to be a bore, yet I see how they're essential to the show. They are the B Story players and that's all they will be and that's fine with me.

Stephanie is a duplicitous little bitch and I love it. Poor Nathan, all sincere and wonderful to everyone, broken up about Melanie and Phillip.

Maggie's breakdown prior to Melanie's wedding was beautifully acted by Suzanne Rogers, she continues to impress.

Vivian v Carly wasn't as explosive as it should have been. There is a lack of intensity between the two. It certainly isn't Sorel's fault, she's working hard for the money...there's just something about Chappell that seems sleepy.

• Members

Stephanie withholding the letter from Nathan was the most interesting thing she's done in... well, ever, maybe. I don't want them to turn Steve and Kayla's daughter into some stock "crazy bad girl" to play in opposition to Melanie, but seeing her torn up over this and how she deals with the fallout could be interesting.

Something I'm really enjoying about the show is how they're taking the time to touch on things like Philip and Chloe having a "moment" before the wedding. It didn't drive either of their stories, it didn't push anything forward, but it was an acknowledgment of the history between them and very appropriate for Philip's wedding day. Same with playing the iciness between Chloe and Lucas. That said: NB is gorgeous, but an actress, she is not. Even her reaction shots looked like she was thinking, "Okay, how long I gotta hold this face? I've got some more bronzer at home I wanna take a swim in!"

• Members

Something is off with Crystal Chappell. I'm not sure what it is exactly. She does seem out of it and distant in her scenes which makes me wonder if she is on something. She has also had cosmetic work done so maybe that is effecting her somehow. I don't know, but I agree with those who say that she has not been good.

ITA. She is a horrible actress, but very beautiful and has a genuineness that makes Chloe likable although I dislike her with Daniel. I think that it helps that she plays one of the few genuinely nice characters on a show full of wacky ones.

Archived