Plastic Surgery of the Soap Stars

• Members

Mention of Jeanne Cooper's on screen facelift reminded me of Eileen Letchworth(Margo AMC)who had a facelift and had it written into the script- an insecure Margo wanted to hang on to Paul Martin.

Letchworth was shown onscreen immediately post facelift, bruised and bandaged.This was in 74.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hate what Olivia did to her face. Overkill Botox and fillers that just did NOT suit her, her face became puffy, heavy and squared off. She was gorgeous without them. She's recently looking better as things have worn off...but damn I hope she's ditched that doc.

Reba, I think, had a facelift before her TV show and I think the Botox and/or fillers are what gives her the perma grin. The facelift was a success, it's what she's done afterwards that has screwed things up a tad.

• Members

Daytime fan, one thing I don't understand... it why Jeanne looked so bad so soon in her life. I know the smoking must have played a big part, I've seen some pictures from the 70's where she seemed to have some pretty heavy sun damage. But if you look at this clip before she had ANYTHING done, and realize it's a woman who is 47 years old, I think she looks FAR too bad for a woman that age. she looks mid fifties here, minimum (We get to compare the post-facelift look in this clip as well, from age 57)and watching her walk into the room, you realize how much Jeanne's posture has deteriorated in the last 5 years. Osteoporosis seems to have set in on her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uip_Wtj7ymw

• Members

Isn't Jeanne from Wyoming where she'd probably gotten a LOT of sun growing up? And isn't she part Native American? Something about the particular way in which she wrinkled reminds me a lot of the way Native Americans tend to wrinkle, but sun plus smoke and drink and there you go. And judging from her voice, she smoked a helluva lot and for years she was probably outdoors doing the smoker's squint on top of the sun squint which left a lot of those deep lines. When she was rejuvinated in the late '90s/eary '00s she called her procedure "an herbal facial" which must have been some sort of trade name for whatever chemical peel she had.

• Members

Jeanne has always looked quite hard.

Then you throw in smoking, alcoholism, heavy tanning and that's a lot of damage. THEN, you take into account that those episodes are from the 70s and 80s when style was so different, people, generally, looked far older. The best looking 50 year old in 1970 doesn't usually hold a candle to a 50 year old now. It's just how style has evolved.

The only person who knows if Jeanne Cooper has osteoporosis is her doctor, she has never been an exercise person, so she just may be a bit out of shape. What I do notice is that Jeanne is VERY careful when she's on stairs, it's clear to me her balance is not what it used to be. She'd do well to do Pilates and weight training to strengthen herself.

• Members

All very true, she is part Native American and her wrinkling is indicative of that ethnic skin type. All that sun, all the smoking and all the booze equal all that skin damage.

The peel she had in the 90s was a very deep one, it would have peeled two layers of skin off, I recall reading somewhere that her procedure involved the peel and then intense vitamin drips and a very healthy diet while the skin healed...it was all about giving the body everything it needed to rejuvenate really healthy skin.

It did her quite well...but she had an S Lift (a facelift that is only focused around the jawline) in late 2007 right after the Out of the Asshes storyline on Y&R. It got her what I think she was after, a smooth jawline. She really would benefit from some Fraxel treatments, clean up that sun damage and smooth out that complexion, I'd probably even try some Sculptra, a very different kind of filler that addresses really deep lines on the face.

• Members

After today's apperance, Jackie Zeman needs to be in this thread if she isnt already. I havent minded her not being on GH much in recent years bc Ive thought her work was horrible and didnt want to look at her but today was frightening. Does anyone actually recognize these 2 women as being the same person?

jackienew-abc.jpg

ghbobbie.jpg

• Members

Speaking of Bobbie, during that scene when she was talking to Alexis the other day, I thought to myself "Who is that?" Thought it was a dayplayer telling Alexis about therapy for Kristina. Then I realized it was Bobbie. Oh. My. God. :o I don't watch GH often. But damn . . . has it been that long since I've seen Jackie Zeman?! :lol:

• Members

Jackie Zeman, unfortunately, has done dermatolgy treatments and plastic surgery in the reverse order.

Way back in the early 90s she was dabbling in things, she had here eyelids done, a very idiot proof procedure and she looked good. She had her breasts done, they turned out well too. She did some Botox as the 2000s emerged...and then...she shoved in cheek implants, removed the cheek implants (I think) and then compensated for the 'loss' of the cheekbone implants by injecting huge quantities of filler into her face and lips.

This is a prime example of bad fillers. Her face has been rounded off to such an extreme that she looks like a blow up doll. It's terrible. At this point, if Jackie (who I think is a dynamite actress) came to me, I'd tell her to STOP. Nothing, for at least 1 year to see what happens when things fade.

• Members

They tend to fill a little extra because the immediate results will subside as swelling goes down, but whoever did JZ took things a little too far. Those lips and cheeks (!) are almost comical, I know that's mean, but, wow. I'm just thankful that the results of fillers eventually subside, unlike with implants as say Kelli McCarty or Amanda LePore. JZ's look reminds me of fat transfer when they suck the fat from your butt and plump it into your face.

Archived