Plastic Surgery of the Soap Stars

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You'd think more people would remember this. Weren't several people killed while passed out during plastic surgery? Kanye West's mother and the woman who wrote First Wives Club?

Has anything been followed up on Priscilla Presley saying she had a quack doctor? It just horrifies me when I see her on TV, her face is so frozen and alien-like.

• Members

She had silicone injections which I'd think anyone who hasn't been living under a rock for the last couple of decades would know is risky business. Rinna had silicone injected in her lips and that infamous L.A. real estate agent who was on a bunch of those plastic surgery shows had silicone injected into her cheeks and lips too. She dies from complications of cancer caused by the many corrective surgeries she had to have on her face. "Back alley silicone" has been popular with male to female transgendered people (especially those who are urban, lower income minorities) for years, they'll have it injected to create cheek bones, breasts, hips/buttocks.

• Members

Good doctors always inform their patients of the risk of anesthesia. It IS a very real risk. And the unfortunate thing is there is no way to predict how someone is going to do. The only thing is if someone is in good general health, the likelihood is they'll be just fine.

Olivia Goldsmith, the author of The First Wives Club, did indeed die from anesthesia. She'd had quite a bit of plastic surgery over the years so it was a tad surprising to me that she died.

Kanye West's mother did not die from anesthesia. She died from cardiac issues because she was quite overweight and simply wasn't a candidate for surgery in the first place, the surgery put too much stress on her heart. Big problems ensued.

Priscilla Presley's doctor no longer has a medical license.

I like Morgan Fairchild, she's a very well informed patient. Clearly, she's had her fair share of work and understands things very scientifically.

The risks of general anesthesia are the reason why I, personally, would not have plastic surgery. Eye work can and is done under local anesthesia, so I would still go for that if I ended up with big bags under my eyes. But anything beyond that, no. Also, with advances in dermatology, it really isn't necessary anymore.

• Members

I think especially for men who have that thick facial skin to begin with. With peels, injectables, thermage, and really, society's general views on the pleasing aesthetic of the dashing/debonair aging male (okay, not EVERY male, but you know what I mean).

• Members

I think Heidi's biggest gaffe was whatever chin/jaw implant(s) she got, I'm sure she's still swollen, but she didn't need that big huge hunkin' jaw. I think JVA had some chin/jaw implantation too which I also think was unnecessary. It makes a woman look too masculine, too square if she's not naturally framed that way. I mean, Marj Dusay has a square jaw, but that's her face and she looks great.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2019/2101486713_991d669c42.jpg?v=0

2101486713_991d669c42.jpg?v=0

• Members

Absolutely. I follow a strict skincare routine...and I have to say, I'm thinking of abandoning it, especially the sunscreen as I've read a few things that are bothering me about daily use of it. Nothing that skincare prevents or aids with is a rival to a laser or injection.

Men have it so much easier, sorry ladies.

• Members

I agree. I would never do general anesthesia unless absolutely neccesary. the thing is, when I had a colonoscopy, they give me Versed and Demerol... but I guess they don't consider that "general" even though I am out? I guess your'e "mostly out... but not COMPLETELY. I kind of am confused on that point. and is that type of thing used for some plastic surgery procedures? I agree about so many british stars loking haggered, and my opinion is the higher prevalance of smoking is playing a part in that. and speaking of british stars, I just don't know why some older women don't know when to STOP with the cleavage:

Cilla+Black+article1089804029C4EB0000005DC.jpg

But a select few look INCREDIBLE for their age (Although I feel Lu dresses and does her hair a bit too young looking for her age):

Lulu.jpg

• Members

NO.. and WOW do you speak the truth!! And people think I'm crazy because I don't LIKE a six pack on a man. I feel it's a distraction from his face, his eyes, his SMILE. A nice, big package is the only distraction I want to see. Six packs look kind of "overdone" and vain to me. I want a man to look like a MAN, not a SCULPTURE. But still be toned and in shape... like THIS:

001schneider.jpg

Archived