Plastic Surgery of the Soap Stars

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

BOTOX, BOTOX, BOTOX!

Rebecca's had LOTS of it and she looks great.

Bobbie's had a browlift that didn't work well for her. As well, she's had a LOT of fillers done, far too much in my opinion, that's why she looks squared off and puffy. She's avoided a facelift, but she's overdone the fillers. She'd look MUCH better if she stopped the fillers for a few years. She'd look a little older, but far less bloated.

Ohhh yes. Ms Haiduk has had extensive upper, lower and brow work. Very nice stuff, but very clear to me.

• Members

You're dead wrong about Erika Slezak, she had a really good facelift and eye job right around 1998/1999. She looked faaaaaabulous when Susan Lucci won the Emmy in 1999, she'd never looked that good.

Beau Kayzer likely hasn't had anything, but he doesn't exactly look young.

Beth Maitland has also likely had nothing, though again, hardly youthful looking...but one hell of an actress.

• Members

Well, she sure had GOOD work. I was just going by what Slezak looks like today. Of course, her lift has had 10 years to settle. I noticed today she has jowles. Dixie Carter looks like she's had a bit ovezealous browlift.... I remember how breathtaking she was on Edge of night when I was a little boy, that browlift she's had is a bit much.

• Members

Yeah, Dixie had her initial work done back when Designing Women first started. She talked about it on Entertainment Tonight once, I believe she said that she had her facelift after the first season (or was it after the pilot?) and her brow lift after the second season. But it does appear that she's had another more aggressive browlift, I don't know if in her case botox could do all that on its own.

I swear that Erika Slezak and Bob Woods had their faces done around the same time, I remember them both having noticeably tighter necks and jowls. They kind of asked Erika about how great she was looking on Regis & Don't Remember if it was Kathy Lee or Kelly and she attributed it to her vacation in lovely moist green Ireland.

• Members

Dixie used to look soooo good. And now she looks a bit too done because she stayed painfully thin and her work really started to show.

Oh Erika and Bob definitely had their work done around the same time, I'm now leaning towards 1999 when they had facelifted Linda Dano join the cast as Rae Cummings (basically Felicia Gallant if she'd been a psychologist), you just know they felt the heat when she joined and I'm sure she gave them the name of her doctor (Dr Norman Leaf in case anyone cares) in the dressing room.

• Members

Rebecca's face still has a lot of movement to me and lot of wrinkles and veins so she can't have had THAT much botox.

As for Bobbie, when do you think she had the brow lift? And how long does it take to come back from that? Also, what exactly are involved with fillers? Are those just botox injections?

• Members

I'm gonna say this, I don't think Melody Thomas has had much done. She looks considerably older than she did just 6 or 7 years ago. But Daytime fan... don't you think it's time she had her breasts lifted? But on a related front, if you want to talk plastic surgery disasters... ROBERTA LEIGHTON!

Before:

10176.gif

Now:

reunion2.jpg

• Members

Have you ever seen Beth Chamberlin? What did you think of her? She was Beth Raines Spaulding on GL. She spent a lot of the past few years on exercise stuff called Kettlebells. Sometimes she looked a bit Botoxy to me. My mother, when she'd see Beth in recent years, would always end up saying, "She has smoker's mouth."

Can they do anything about that?

• Members

First of all, Botox will not have any effect on veins. And good Botox will still give the patient some movement in their face as Rebecca displays.

Fillers are NOT Botox injections. Fillers are injectable substances that re-volumize the skin, they fill the lines. Trade names for the standard hyaluronic acid fillers are those like Restylane and Juvederm.

Bobbie has been looking weird for a while now, I'd say at least a year plus. Hard to say how long she'll look as she does, but nothing fixes bad work better than time.

• Members

Beth Chamberlin has been very good about sunscreen use coupled with lasers and Botox. She looks great for a woman in her late 40s...she is also quite the fitness buff, which helps a lot.

She doesn't have what I'd call a smokers mouth (only quitting smoking and intense laser resurfacing helps that), but she does have a Botox mouth, it's a little tight when she smiles.

Archived