Plastic Surgery of the Soap Stars

• Members

Her boobs look REALLY weird.

I remember when she first came to B&B, she was at Bikini Bar wearing, well, a bikini and fantasizing about Ronn Moss. The Bikini they put her in, you could clearly see there was this unnatural space between her breasts and you could see her sternum. It was pretty gross.

Luckily, the wardrobe department has since been rather strategic in what they put her in to keep them either closer together or to put them up in a way where you can't see that awful space there.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Of course!

One of my favorite memories of her was when she hosted SNL and she dueted on "Superstar" with John Belushi as Joe Cocker. :lol: She also took that very seriously. The backstage SNL book they put out in 1985 said that every time she tried to suggest sketch ideas they would tell her to go work on which songs she wanted to sing.

• Members

RE: Ms Welch. When she launched her fitness book in the 80s she was on Letterman, my God that was an uncomfortable interview. She couldn't laugh at ANYTHING. She's very hard on herself about the dumbest things, saying how she thinks she looks awful and what a bitch age is...there's very little joie de vivre about her (in contrast to the Joan Collins/Diahann Carroll kind of gal).

RE: Ashley Jones. She seems to have had implants that weren't suited to her frame, she's a thin girl and simply isn't cut out for ample cleavage. Thus, her implants underwent capsular contracture in which they basically harden and separate. Susan Lucci's breast implants did the same thing, but hers just somehow look better, Ashley's are spaced apart very widely.

• Members

DaytimeFan, since you know a lot about plastic surgery I was wondering if you would know anything about Barbara Knox, Rita on Coronation Street. She's in her 70s. A few years back she had a facelift. She went on a break from the show last fall, and returned a few weeks ago. Some have said that they think she has had further plastic surgery. Others think that she's just lost weight from an illness, and has a new wig, and maybe got some fillers.

This is her in July 2009(her scenes start around 3:34).

This is her from a late March 2010 episode (there's a closeup at around 5:42 or so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo1UP54XHlg

• Members

I don't think so...it's important to remember that her days at Y&R were 12 years ago, she was 22. She's now 34 and has lost weight. Faces do change, for the better, all on their own.

So I've had a good hard look at Barbara and I think, in addition to her first facelift, she's had an S Lift between the time of the clips you provided. Jeanne Cooper had an S Lift shortly after the Out of their Asses storyline on Y&R in 2007, it's a procedure that has much less scarring, is easier to recover from and is relatively low risk. It's focused on cleaning up the jaw line, which is where I see a real improvement for Barbara Knox. I would also add that she's either had some eye work or injected a filler around her eyes because that area has changed as well. In addition, her wig has changed and that can make a big difference. I don't see weight loss, I see conservative plastic surgery.

I'll just add that I appreciate what someone like Barbara Knox does...having lived in England since September I am *stunned* at how terrible many people look, they *really* let themselves go in this country at a young age. It's shocking.

• Members

You've been hanging out with Katie Price haven't you :lol:

I know what you mean though, sometimes the photos you see of some British stars can be shocking. I don't know what the average person looks like of course. I do think Amy Winehouse is looking healthier lately.

I guess you're probably busy but do you ever get to see the British soaps? Sam Janus, Ronnie on Eastenders, has supposedly had quite a bit of plastic surgery. Her onscreen sister Rita Symons I wonder about too.

http://www.walfordweb.co.uk/item.php?id=885

• Members

LOL Katie Price is a trashterpiece...she is a very overdone woman. Very smart though, to have taken no talent and become so screamingly rich. Amazing.

I'm not really speaking of British celebrities, many of them look great, some look terrible, just like anywhere else. I'm speaking of the average person...honestly, so many people look absolutely wretched. Just totally defeated, terrible skin, bad hair, very overweight, smoking everywhere. God Save The Queen!

I do recall Samantha Janus from a pilot she did with Joan Collins called 'Mama's Back' for the BBC in the early 90s...she looks VERY different from what I remember of her then. Lord.

I find the British soaps very different from the American ones...they really attempt to be 'realistic'...though every show has its diva (blessings to Barbara Windsor!)

• Members

Yeah there's a fascinating schizo nature to British soaps in that they do the everyday yet they also try to do huge stunts -- it can be jarring. I'm so glad I got to see stuff from those shows when they were more reality-based and methodical.

Smoking, it is much more prevalent in Europe now than in the US, right? Or is that not true? I can't remember. It's interesting because on British TV, characters are still allowed to smoke whereas on US TV you can only smoke if you're a villain.

Do you think the cliche about British teeth is fair?

It's interesting because when I was growing up I used to hear about British people being much more restrained than Americans, reinforced by most of the shows that were imported to America, like the PBS Britcoms, and Masterpiece Theater, and Mystery. I think the first show that shattered that view for me was Ab Fab. Now the UK seems a lot wilder than the US.

• Members

Smoking is sooooo common in Europe, it's disgusting. But the UK is by far the worst with it...at least in France they smoke with some style and only smoke a few a day...in the UK it's packs a day, ashing them out wherever. Chewing tobacco and spitting in the streets. Revolting.

British teeth, I don't think that's true anymore, most people actually have quite nice teeth. But the skin and weight. Terrible.

Ab Fab is CLASSY compared to what I've seen. The culture in the UK has shifted in the last 15 years or so to a very 'lad' and 'chav' culture...it's all about being loud and tasteless and in your face. The youth in this country are absolutely out of control. I'm sorry but the school system and local governments should be ashamed of themselves. Knife crime is very prevalent among youth and drugs are so commonplace.

And the abuse of social programs like disability and welfare is astounding.

The UK, in a word, is crass.

A general election is coming in May, it's time for a change. If only Margaret Thatcher was up to leading again, she'd sort things out post haste.

• Members

You know what, I wouldn't have thought of myself as one either...but I see what's happened to this country and it's the only way, at least for this election. The National Health Service is a mess, the social programs need to be overhauled, taxes need cutting...it's David Cameron's job to do I'm afraid, I shudder to think how it'll all turn out if Labour or a minority parliament is made.

But then, Joan Collins is a Tory, so at least I'm in glamorous company.

• Members

Quite simply, she already would be showing some serious signs of aging as she's into her 30s...without makeup, she has very fair skin. It's evident to me that she's taken good care of it. Maybe she's done the odd IPL treatment or a light peel, but nothing serious.

She'll look good for a long time. If she's lucky, she'll pull a Katherine Kelly Lang.

Archived