Plastic Surgery of the Soap Stars

• Members

I have to admit. I've had a nose job and so did one of my sisters. My late father called me the "Aschkenozzle"

My nose is still big as hell but it doesn't look like that cliff that Roger Thorpe fell off of anymore.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think I've shown the afters. You really don't want to see the befores. Come to think of it, you don't even want to see the afters now, not with all this big grey hair. Now when I open the door and smile, people say "AND THEN THERE'S MAUDE!"

• Members

I have full lips too that people have complimented me on but after getting hit in the mouth and having them swell I can say with confidence that it was NOT an improvement. :P Injections seem to destroy that Cupid's bow and make lips look distorted and not at all delicate. I'll keep this G-rated, but I find that injected lips evoke things that most people wouldn't care to have their mouths resemble. I think passing on this procedure is yet another example of how smart Susan Lucci is when it comes to maintaining her looks.

DaytimeFan, I was wondering... do you think maybe, just maybe, Joan Collins had a thread lift somewhere along the way? There's just something curious about the corners of her mouth and her full cheeks. I'm also reminded of the gold suture thread lift Catherine Deneuve's rumored to have had, I just wonder if Joan got in on some of that early technology too, and it's still not a real facelift so she wouldn't exactly be lying. Hrmmmmm... [/Eric]

LMAO! :lol:

• Members

Hmm. You know, that's not a bad thought...when I compare Joan and Catherine's faces they do have similarities...I'm not a fan of the threadlift myself because I think the technique has been destroyed in California...but if it was done in Europe, which is a distinct possibility for Joan and Catherine, this could be the result. It's worth noting that the Thread Lift lost FDA approval last year, though it's still in use in Europe and South America.

And yet, I am still not convinced that a scalpel has touched Joan Collins's face. Her skin reminds me of a Thermage patient, it's fuller, firmer and tighter than most people...but still imperfect. I would not be surprised if she went to her Harley Street dermatologist yearly for a Thermage treatment. It's also worth noting that Joan is a woman who gains weight in her face. When she's thinner, she looks way younger and when she's carrying a little extra weight, the first place it shows is her face.

I'll also add that in the most recent episode of Nip/Tuck...Joan River, Donna Mills and Joan Van Ark all appeared in a dream sequence of Christian Troys...Joan Rivers looked like Joan Rivers, Donna Mills looked fantastic and Joan Van Ark looked better than usual. Plus, Mary Beth Evans had a quick appearance as a patient in a dermatologists office. She looks great too. What was funny was that the whole episode was about how plastic surgery was 'so 2004' and that, thanks to dermatology, no one needs to go under the knife anymore. I must say, I felt a sigh of relief, I went in the right side of the profession!

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Raquel looks good.

Lots of rumors about Ms Welch have circulated for years...some would say she's had LOTS, some would say she's had NONE, some would say she's done everything but surgery...very hard to call because she lives a very disciplined lifestyle. Very strict diet, very strict exercise regimen. Very skilled at makeup, all the wigs, very skilled dressing.

• Members

She's had cheek implants though hasn't she? They look very full these days. She does look good though, I saw her on Martha and she seemed natural.

I've always liked Raquel Welch, she's managed to make a very, very long career out of what amounted to a few years in the movies as an exotic beauty. I do think she takes herself a little too seriously but at least she doesn't come across as a gorgon woman, as Kathleen Turner, Cybill Shephard, etc. often have.

• Members

So... Another thread reminds me: has Ashley Jones had stuff done and what?

She was all giggles, airy, wispy, annoying deliveries... These weird gestures... It really wasn't fun and she tried to make herself some sort of b!tch with a comic streak or something. And it didn't work.

Archived