Plastic Surgery of the Soap Stars

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I do not think Morgan is a remnant of the past era of plastic surgery. I think someone like Ivana Trump or Victoria Principal or Linda Evans is an example of that era in which you basically pulled things back and up and hacked off the excess and did a little too much so someone looked 'done'. That said, there are some doctors from the past era whose work is timeless, Dr Dan Baker's alleged work on Susan Lucci is an example.

Morgan's work has been artful and thoughtful and well executed by her surgeon and by the lady herself. She is a very bright, articulate woman who would not go into anything without having researched it thoroughly. She's clearly had eye work, plus a face lift, Botox, some judicious fillers and breast implants. I don't think it could have been done better because I think it was done very well. It helps that she took immaculate care of her skin and has never been tan.

I think what gives you pause for thought about Morgan is that her 'look' hasn't changed. Her hair's still long and blond, the dresses and jewels are more or less the same style (though updated from the 80s and 90s), she is still 'sexy' at an age where being 'sexy' isn't always appropriate.

That said, I think she carries it off and I find her to be a vital, sexy, fun and intelligent woman. In fact, I think she is often overlooked for being so damn smart. She is very poltically active and very current on important issues. She was campaigning for women's rights in Afghanistan in the 90s before anything of that nature mattered to most people. She is also a very confident and compassionate advocate for the HIV/AIDS community.

I really think she's a helluva gal.

• Members

I think MF is a perfect example of "frozen in time" plastic surgery, surgery that has never bastardized her original look or even altered it in any obvious sort of way. We just know she's had work done because no one ages that gracefully without cosmetic intervention. I think what throws people about Morgan is her natural Dr. Diamond nose. It's super thin and somewhat characteristic of the rhinoplastys of old, though it doesn't have those Knots Landing nostrils. A lot of people find her look to be plastic, but in fact it is quite natural and any procedures she's had done were "upkeep". Back when she started The City, they interviewed her in The Wasington Post and asked about plastic surgery and she said something to the effect of that she never really gets into all that, it's something she'll maybe talk about some day in the future. I got the impression that she didn't want to give a laundry list of what she may or may not have had done and that she looks at it more for the maintenance/longevity of her brand rather than silly tabloid fodder.

• Members

That is an excellent way of summing it up. 'Frozen in Time' No alteration or bastardization of the original look.

It's also how I'd characterize Joan Collins' plastic surgery. Yes kiddos, I got some information. Facelift. Upper Eyelids. 1988. Brazil. Nothing but dermatologic upkeep since.

• Members

Oh Joanie, you big fibber you! :P I had read once before that she hadn't had any surgery until that last season of Dynasty so that jives. I posted a clip a few weeks back of her Oscar appearance a year or so later where she was looking very *fresh* but I wondered if it was that JC makeup magic.

Speaking of the Oscars, I wish I could remember the particulat year, but Jane Fonda presented after she'd obviosuly had a little upkeep and there were audible gasps in the audience at how good she was looking. I'm gonna say early '00s.

And remember how GREAT Elizabeth Taylor looked around '86/'87? She's allegedly had as many as four facelifts, but after her early career, I don't think she's ever looked as good as she did during that window in the late '80s.

• Members

I've been watching ATWT the past two days and marveling at how FANTASTIC Kathryn Hays and Eileen Fulton look. They're both 76 and look practically the same way they did 20 years ago (Julianne Moore looks even better than she did when she was on the show before, I'd say she was about 40 but she's 50 years old, incredible).

• Members

Daytime fan, are you too young... or did you have the opporotunity to see Jeanne Cooper's facelift storyline? It was RIVETING with capital R! Of course, it made a bigger impact on me, being an impressionable 15 year old... but when she took those "string-harnessed" beauty lifts off for the first time, I SCREAMED. I'd never seen anything like that in my life. I was at school for the actual surgery episode.. but I didn't want to see the blood and guts, anyway, I'd have fainted. There was a picture of Jeanne BEFORE in one of the soap magazines, completely sans makeup, and I was shocked. She literally looked like she'd been hit with a sandblaster, and i'm not exaggerating. i've never seen that pic since, but it DOES exist. that SL was so well done, so informative, so fascinating. It was a masterstroke from Bill Bell.

• Members

Are you talking about those things that tape to your skin and tuck behind your ears/hairline to give you a non-surgical lift? I didn't know that Kay wore those on the show, that's a funny little detail. ^_^ I've read that Lucille Ball wore those as she was afraid of surgery and they gave her the worst migraines. Joan Collins was on Oprah along with Ali MacGraw and Debbie Allen dishing beauty and aging, and a lady with quite a gobbler demonstrated those little doohickeys. She really talked up this amazing beauty tip she had to share and after the commercial break she unfastened them as Joan Collins watched in amazement as the skin on the lady's neck began to slowly droop. We had the episode on tape somewhere but it's futile seeing as how anything Oprah will get snatched off YouTube in a New York minute. This is also the episode where Debbie Allen made a sweeping gesture while demonstrating posture and almost smacked Joan dead in the face. Debbie turned to the audience and whispered, "Wouldn't wanna knock that hair off! :ph34r: " :lol:

• Members

Well, I would disagree. (Obviously, right? :P) Too me she does look like it's all been done in a past decade, I clearly see it, and when you compare how she looks in that interview for example and now, the difference is very visible. I am really against this whole plastic surgery stuff, it makes people look awful. Simply terrible.

I adoooooooore Morgan Fairchild, the voice, the special look in her eyes she has, the no-nonsense attitude... With her... I don't think she looks awful, but it could all have been done a bit differently (the nose, the overtight face, the eyelids, the area under the eyes...). If it had to be done (and I know everyone will say: It had).

• Members

You know, I actually don't think Jane Fonda looks that good. I think she looks severe because her skin is very coarse and just...no. I think she's on the road to having had too much done.

Isn't that the truth with our Joanie? She's a big fibber. I can't call her a liar because I've never found her denials all that convincing. I'd read the same thing, that she'd been freshened up for the last season of Dynasty and after her divorce from Peter Holm. She is very skilled with her makeup, she's basically an artist, her son, Sacha Newley, has 3 paintings in the Smithsonian, so we know where he got his steady hand from!

Yes, Liz Taylor looked great in the very late 80s leading up to her marriage to Larry Fortensky, she looked terrific. All due to extensive plastic surgery, 4 facelift is being kind. She's had so much plastic surgery...but look at her now, a shell of her former self. All the surgery in the world doesn't mean a damn if you haven't got your health.

I am a bit young to properly remember it, but from everything I've seen, Jeanne Cooper really looked like HELL before her surgery.

I vaguely remember that episode of Oprah, I recall Joan saying something about never drinking a 'Diet' drink. Oprah, then in her semi-thin period, asked why. Joan replied that she'd never seen a thin person drinking one, everyone laughed, Oprah seemed to have an 'Ah-Ha!' moment. I wish Oprah would have Joan on again, the two always seemed to really like each other.

Well I can assure you that her nose is her own. No surgery on that, it's been hers from birth.

I really would be interested to know who you think looks wonderful. Name some names, even if you think they're obscure/not a performer etc. It's always interesting to see the standard of beauty that others possess.

• Members

Olivia looked stunning for many years until about 4-5 years ago when she got some work done on her face that made it look so tight and unnatural.

And what has Reba Mcentire had done? I know this was also about 3-4 years ago. She was on DWTS last night and she had that same awful, depressing perma-grin she has so much of the time.

Archived