Plastic Surgery of the Soap Stars

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Julie Marie Berman had work done? Why am I not surprised? Her face looks like an immovable porcelain doll's. That forehead has been mega-botoxed. Perhaps a rhinoplasty was thrown in, too.

Seeing the lovely Judi Evans on Days and contrasting it with her stint on ATWT at the end of last year, I'm wondering whether Judi got a modest face lift in between shows. Her neck- and jaw-line look crisp.

P.S.: Gray Bunny, that gorgeous cat in your signature is the most adorable minx I have ever seen!

• Members

That's my bet on Julie Berman, Botox and nose job.

Judi Evans either had a mild S lift (it's focused on the jawline) or she lost weight. I'm not sure which way to go on that judgment, Judi's always been a woman whose carried weight in her face, she looks fit and strong on DAYS, so it may just be weight loss. She has very nice skin for someone of her skin type. She could have been all freckled and wrinkled, but nope, not her.

• Members

I think she was asked, and that quote came from, the Wendy Williams Show this year... At least I remember laughing at it, and that was the only place I ever saw Jackie interviewed. (I found it amusing how she went on about how her novels aren't even remotely fiction, just different names--then recounteded the ridiculous story of the one she's promoting, Poor Little Bitch Girl. I mean I get that she gets a lot of the character ideas from people she knows, and has gotten into trouble for it, but it seemed almost like she was doing herself a disservice going on and on about how her books were "all true".

• Members

Look at the smirk. Hilarious.

The thing with Jackie Collins is that she isn't a 'literary' writer. She's never claimed to be. Rather, she's a storyteller. While Joan is the kind of woman who likes to be in the middle of the action, Jackie is more of an observer and a MUCH bigger gossip than Joan could even hope to be. Joan loves to talk about herself wheras Jackie loves to talk about other people. All of her books have reflected that. Dominick Dunne wrote similarly, he never bothered with saying what he thought about X,Y or Z...it was always about what the beautiful people had to say or do that fascinated him.

And saying it's all true is a smart marketing tactive on her part. In this day, people love tabloids, TMZ, Entertainment Tonight, Perez...the more the better. Jackie Collins is just cashing in on that phenomena. Ultimately, her books are about personalities...be they real or fake it doesn't matter so long as her fans find them compelling.

Jackie gives good interview, but she is hardly spontaneous, she is very smart and delivers her message (BUY MY BOOK!) with zest.

• Members

"Listen Jackie my first husband Maxwell Reed is just coming in, I better go. Ciao darling, keep writing!"

Honestly, one my most precious lines of dialogue ever written.

Jackie's only written one book that was basically real and that was Hollywood Wives. There are several people who still don't speak to her because she based her characters on them.

Lest we forget though that she's based several characters on her sister, notably Fontaine Khaled in The Stud and The Bitch but also Silver Anderson in Hollywood Husbands.

• Members

Has Victoria Principal been mentioned here? Sorry if I missed it. Daytime, what do you think of her and what she has done? I believe she keeps denying that she had plastic surgery but that's bullsh*t.

However, she does look better in some recent pictures of her I've seen.

• Members

Victoria hasn't been mentioned...but oh she's worth a few lines...

Victoria is a nice lady, met her a few times, very friendly and not super 'Hollywood' as she's not a big partier. She's a savvy businesswoman, her Principal Secret line of skincare has made her very rich. Her face was really worked over by her now ex-husband, plastic surgeon Harry Glassman, right around 1999/2000 when she made her last TV appearance in the 'so terrible I loved it' Aaron Spelling prime time soap Titans. She's had a very tight facelift, eye work and what I consider to be a terrible brow lift. For years she had the constant look of 'surprise!' on her face. She's never admitted to this plastic surgery, but in my view it is very obvious. Joan Rivers level obvious to be quite frank (worth pointing out that Rivers and Principal HATE each other, no clue why).

It's been at least 10 years since her surgery and it's calmed down a lot. Nothing fixes bad work like time. She's still using Botox and has opted for Fillers now, both of which she admits to and they've substantially softened her appearance. So she's done OK with what I consider semi-botched plastic surgery. She's looking a lot more human now.

Quite frankly, I think divorcing the ex-husband is what's helped her look better. I think that was a longtime bad marriage. She seems far less tense now, much calmer, more together.

She lives in Malibu, what can I say? I dig her.

Jackie's never commented on it. She lives in Beverly Hills exclusively and only goes to the UK for business or to see family.

Joan, on the other hand, has seen it and according to Jennifer Saunders LOVED it. When the two filmed the movie A Midwinter's Tale in 1995 Jennifer Saunders was quite concerned that Joan would absolutely despise her. Instead, Joan ended up reciting lines of the sketch to Jennifer during lulls in filming, particularly the lines from Macbeth.

Archived