Plastic Surgery of the Soap Stars

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Susan Seaforth Hayes has very clearly had a facelift, eye work, capped teeth, Botox, lasers and slathers on the makeup and wears multiple wigs. She's also heavier, not fat, but heavier, which softens her face.

Bill Hayes has very clearly had a facelift, eye work, capped teeth, Botox and lasers to keep his skin clear.

Maree Cheatham likely hasn't had anything. Her face has dropped substantially, but is still full because she's quite overweight.

Jamie Lyn Bauer is lucky in that she was a very beautiful woman to start with, so she's always going to look good, regardless of her age. I am willing to bet she's done lasers to keep her skin clear, a light chemical peel now and then, Botox for lines, fillers for deep wrinkles and maybe some eyelid work. I don't think she's had a facelift because her jaw is not that clean and she's only 60, so how she looks is possible without surgery since she's kept a steady weight her whole life.

John Martin is 59...very likely he hasn't done anything aside from some Botox to smooth out is forehead. Men who keep a steady weight tend to age really well. The fake tan he's sporting helps too.

• Members

It's not a question about being in 'good condition for your age' because a healthy 25 year old is a HELLUVA lot healthier than a healthy 80 year old. It's rather a baseline of health, particularly how an ecocardiogram reflects on a patient, their weight, past medical history, lung capacity, condition of their skin, any other medical conditions (especially diabetes or asthma).

Frankly it's ALWAYS a health risk. And it isn't the surgery itself, most surgeries, be they cosmetic or cardiac or orthopaedic, go very well. It's the anaesthesia. The anesthesia is what kills 9/10 surgical deaths.

That being said, in the hands of a qualified, board certified plastic surgeon, plastic surgery is very, very safe.

Dermatological treatments have an even higher safety profile. Most of them aren't permanent and many are reversible.

• Members

I think it's certainly going to be a possibility, though some work, like very delicate eye work, would be hard to do without a scalpel. I would just add that Thermage is a very tricky and unpredictable. Some people get a great result, some people get a serious side effect (extreme loss of facial fat due to the heat/radio waves dissolving fat cells) and some people get no result at all.

Much as I love aesthetic surgery and treatments, I feel that stem cells and all work associated with them should be dedicated to serious illnesses. A few lines is trivial. Besides, 'stem cells' have been in use for decades through fat grafting.

• Members

True true, and I should have been more clear but I didn't really mean *those* kinda stem cells, but the newer technology where people are creating their own and what have you. I have to say, lasers kind of scare me more than the idea of a scalpel. I think a botched facelift is easier to correct than having your face vaporized by a botched laser procedure. And yikes, people getting lasered in these salons by folks who aren't even doctors and having the laser grid permanently scarred on their faces. :o oh my God, I can't imagine what I would do with myself...

• Members

No, botched lasers are easier to treat than a botched facelift. Botched lasers would typically involve treating the skin really gently and then giving the skin time to heal. Bar marks and laser grid scars typically only occur in people with medium to dark skin tones who are never candidates for lasers in the first place because the tendency to scar is really high. Naomi Campbell was burned from a laser (she hasn't specified which one) but her skin healed really well over time.

Botched surgery involves scar tissue which is something others underestimate and once skin is removed there's no putting it back.

It's never good to go to someone who isn't qualified to use whatever it is they're using. I can say that there are some aestheticians out there who could give a dermatologist a run for his or her money when it comes to skill. But those people are few and far between.

Archived