Plastic Surgery of the Soap Stars

• Members

Ronn Moss has aged rather well. What Sylph points out is that Ronn has very visible bone structure...that's because as he's aged he's lost his facial fat, it happens to everyone. Ronn's face has held up to gravity really well and his eyes were not baggy or saggy. He's stayed thin, which many people underestimate the value in.

The real question, Sylph, is how do you view Austin Peck?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have never found Ronn Moss attractive -- it's a matter of personal taste. When he was younger, he was just too "Ken doll" for me. However, I can appreciate that he has looks that some find appealing (cause it sure as hell ain't his great acting).

His bone structure, eyes and cheekbones are unusual -- I have a theory that, like Jerry Hall, Ronn Moss must be part Native American. In a way, he has aged well: when people have a lot of work done, their face starts to look different. Ronn looks barely unchanged from 1989, apart from some salt n pepper in that hockey mullet of his.

Botox? A jawline lift? Perhaps, but I don't think he's had a nose job or a full facelift. DaytimeFan would probably be able to school us on this subject. :lol:

I like Austin Peck! I like the cleft in his chin and his goofy smileand the fact that he is tall. He has enormous boyish charisma. Cannot believe he was fired from ATWT -- not only had his acting improved leaps & bounds from Days, but he had wonderful romantic chemistry with Terri Colombani. If you are going to fire somebody for having an affair, then you should also fire the other person and, hell, why don't you fire Roger Howarth and Marie Wilson who also had an affair while married to other people. This seems to be more about other people's egos (perhaps Michael Park's?) wanting to get rid of somebody they did not particularly like. In any case, he was a fabulous romantic lead and his commitment to proving himself on ATWT really shone. I am surprised no other show has picked him up, to be honest. Soaps used to thrive on these boyish, good-guy leads.

• Members

But it is all way to accented. To me, anyway. It looks supertight, but not in a plastic-surgeries-gallore kind of way.

Austin Peck... Is one of those people based on whose looks you would ascribe all kinds of unbelievably impossible personality treats etc., only to (probably) find out he doesn't know the difference between effect and affect. Or can't spell.

No, I am not saying Austin Peck is dumb! I have no idea whether he is or he isn't; I think he is very kind, sweet, lovable guy. Yet... It will always remain a mystery what happens under those calm seas. A lot? Or nothing? Is he as serene inside or are wild passions burning underneath?

Who knows.

• Members

LOL! I didn't really mean sexually.

One of the things I wonder about is... Does anyone really know these kinds of people?

Judi Dench's line in Notes on a Scandal modified could be applied here. But modified.

Is she a sphinx? Or simply stupid?

• Members

I can see your point about Austin Peck.

And to be frank, I do not think anyone is ever quite as cool or as serene as they appear.

The thing with him, I'm willing to bet, is that he's got a looooooooooong fuse and is generally happy go lucky, but when he's mad, he's loses it. He actually reminds me (both in looks and temperament) to one of my best friends.

And if you ask me, Ronn Moss hasn't had plastic surgery. It's just very likely that he's lost a lot of facial fat.

• Members

Oh yeah-- poor Patsy looks tighter than a drum! (Still love her, though.)

Compare her to Mary Beth Evans, who I think looks amazing. I know MBE's husband is a plastic surgeon, and he is either a very good one or she hasn't had any work done because she has really managed to avoid that "overdone" look. Although I think around the time of her return to DAYS in 2006, she looked like she maybe had some fillers or something around her mouth (and it looked a bit tiny off -- a little artifical almost).

What do you all think? MBE has a blog on hybridmom.com, and some of the pictures show her with no or minimal (non-television) make-up, if you want a better look.

Archived