Plastic Surgery of the Soap Stars

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They're so different.

Tina has had very conservative work, likely a facelift and eye work plus Botox. She looks very, very good, for a woman in her early 60s...she looks age appropriate. Great short haircut, clearly works out, even skin tone (Italians are lucky!), stylish clothing, serious jewels. She looks great.

Nancy looks like sh*t for 70 years old. Multiple facelifts, broiled skin, Botox abuse, blown up plumped lips, overfilled cheeks, bloated tacky bleached hair, tacky pink makeup, tacky clothing. She looks awful.

Barbara is hitting 80 this year and she looks good. She looks good because she's had one or two facelifts, a nose job, eye work, Botox, fillers, lasers. You name it, she must have done it.

• Members

:lol: She did look rather... extreme.

Here's an interesting photo spread of surgeried celebs care of TMZ:

http://photos.tmz.com/galleries/stars_with_pull/page/5#tab=most_recent

The examples who are of a certain age show a lot of similarities, particularly in bad, dated nose work and wacky-smacky lips.

Not by any means the dooziest of examples, but I find Nikki Cox to be the most disappointing. Far too young and beautiful to have messed herself up like that. And Alfredo Palacios? Oh my word. I don't speak Spanish but I've often flipped by some of the Spanish-speaking channels and noticed that a lot of Latin American stars have had some VERY extreme work done. Walter Mercado anyone?

• Members

Forgive me if this has previously been mentioned, but in this week's Soap Opera Digest, Carolyn Hinsey has an interesting comment in her "It's Only My Opinion" column. She says "it's just Y&R's bad luck that a certain ABC actress reappeared recently having had so much plastic surgery she was virtually unrecognizable. My inbox exploded! Fans were aghast that this gorgeous actress would do that to herself. Maybe she can go back to the doctor , redo herself to look like Y&R's Emily or Lauren and get work on Y&R". Any idea who she is talking about?

• Members

Could they be talking about Eden? She doesn't look that different to me, but I'm not sure I would notice.

DaytimeFan- Have you seen Julie Marie Berman lately? Just wondering if you think she's had botox recently?

• Members

Ugh, he so annoys me. I love the show for it's roundtables and interviews, but David Gregory is like the Jack Abbott of Sunday Morning Round Tables with that ridiculous part in the middle of his hair and his penchant for being so smug and full of himself. I wouldn't be surprised if he had botox or work done either.

BTW, the new set looks almost TOO glossy for a show that's supposed to be taken so seriously. The lighting design is so Paul Rauch, those video panels with the live shots annoy me, and the roundtable just looks so oddly placed.

• Members

Interesting little article, obviously the writer does a bit more than anyone else would (or should) because she's a beauty writer. I don't like the Dermaroller myself, it's very painful and the results are comparable to the much less painful IPL.

• Members

I'm not a big Y&R follower so you all probably picked up on this long ago, but I was looking at Daytime Confidential and they have this big pic of MAB and it looks like she'd had her nose done back in the '70s.

• Members

But is the Dermaroller a better option for skin of color? :unsure: Lasers can eff with your color, but then I wonder if being pricked to death may perhaps hyperpigment dark ethnic skin? :unsure:

• Members

Ha! Good call there DC, she does have that Tina Louise style nose job look! She's a wreck!

That's the benefit, it doesn't affect pigmentation...but what the Dermaroller achieves is comparable to Retin A, which skin of colour tolerates really well.

• Members

Have you heard of this at-home microdermabrasion kit called DermaNew? I ask because it's by the same people who created Susan Lucci's Youthful Essence (Dean and Amby Rhoades) and I'm thinking, wow, what a conflict of interest there. :lol: Totally reminds me of how the creators of Proactiv, Drs. Rodan and Fields, started their own, very similar line after they were apparently no longer involved with Proactiv. What Proactiv and Youthful Essence have in common is Guthy-Renker, and I guess the creators have got some deal where they sold their products to GR yet they have some legal agreement where they're still permitted to create similar, competitive products.

Archived