Plastic Surgery of the Soap Stars

• Members

No, sadly it's becasue a lot of black women want to look lighter complected. A rather significant piece of dirty laundry in the black community. :(

Oprah also took lighting for black skin to the next level, she's mentioned this on her show before. It's tough to light black skin, on screen and on stage for that matter, so she had the best folks come in and really make her look great. She said that's why white people tend to look really great on her show. :lol: And I must say, for a show back in the '80s where she was often the only black person in an episode, I think Dynasty did a great job of lighting Diahann Carroll, the camera just loved her face. There are moments though where her tone is on the ashier side, of course she's not ashy-ashy, but it's the studio lights. Nolan Miller said that they wanted to do all black and white clothes for Dominique, but it was a lighting nightmare with her dark skin against a high contrast black and white outfit. She wore mostly solid white or cream which looked even better.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I disagree on this, I just think Wendy williams looks like a complete tranny with 2 enormous mushmelons strapped to her chest. I hate to say it, Rupaul looks more natural. I should LOVE her personality, but she grates on me for some reason, and I can't put my finger on it. But in general, Black women DO age wonderfully... I remember when I saw Lois Reeves up close for the first time, at age 58, and she did not look a day over 40. I tell you who ALWAYS has looked older than her age to me. Calista Flockhart. I know she's been doing cancer SL on B&S, but to me, she's ALWAYS looked drawn, emaciated, and in need of some FOOD. Her eyes have always seemed so hollow and sunken.

• Members

I wonder if your lack of love for Wendy is based on how messy and confrontational she is? She's fabulous and aggressive, an interesting mix. She's unapologetically inelegant. I LOVE that.

Have to admit, I had to look up who Lois Reeves is, never heard of her before.

Calista doesn't look bad, but she could stand to gain 15 pounds. Her eyes have always looked like that and I don't think they'd look any different whatever weight she is.

• Members

Wendy is a big woman, tall and formerly overweight. I think she just decided to embrace and run with it and matched with her glamorous, OTT taste, the result is this '80s drag queen glamazon aesthetic. She name checked Dominique Deveraux on her show a couple of times, she likes the big jewels, the big furs, all of the extravagant glitz of that era and the idea of being a powerful businesswoman. Speaking of Wendy, soaps, and plastic surgery :lol: one time on her show she was talking about people with crazy nostrils and she said she always thinks of Dionne Warwick and "the lady from Knots Landing"... I wonder which one? Michele or Joan?

• Members

Donna. ;-)

Aside from La Collins, of course, Dominique Deveraux was the only reason I cared at all about DYNASTY. Forget "Alexis vs. Krystle," or even "Blake vs. Alexis." If it had been up to me, Blake and Krystle would've met their fate in some plane crash, leaving Dominique and Alexis to squabble indefinitely over his estate.

• Members

Madonna and her face ("the new face" of plastic surgery, or should we say "cosmetic procedures" as little-to-no actual surgery is involved) were the cover article in New York Magazine about two years ago. I'm pretty sure Sylph posted the cover in this thread a few pages back. But yeah, she's been filled and plumped and botox'd and rejuved...

ETA: Oh my God, "a few pages back", I just realized that this thread is 25 pages long! :wacko:

• Members

The tabloids have such a love/hate relationship with plastic surgery. They love to talk about how old women look, yet they have torn Heidi Montag apart for her plastic surgery (there's a new cover which talks about what losers and failures the 3 main women from The Hills are).

• Members

I would be willing to wager that Madonna has had an S Lift, a lower facelift that cleans up the jawline and neck. I would also say that she may have had an endoscopic brow lift. She's been Botoxed and Restalyned and Juvedermed and IPL's and Fraxeled with the best of them.

And yes, part of it is Photoshop!

I don't buy that Madonna's looks is strictly non surgical. She had her nose done and I'm certain in addition the procedures I've listed above she's done her eyes as well. There's not an inch of loose skin anywhere on the woman and she's at an age where it's impossible for her to look the way she does without surgery.

Yes, 25 marvelous pages :)

Absolutely. The press is a funny thing. They walk the finest of lines.

In Heidi's case, she's someone who courts this kind of press. She gets what she deserves.

• Members

I have to admit that I took a bit of dirty little joy in those clips of Heidi's mom tiptoeing on eggshells before grinding them into Heidi's face in regards to her new look. Her surgery aged her, and I know it's still swollen, but her jaw is huge. I think she had her chin shaved down and jaw implants put in. I don't think most women who didn't already have one would opt for a square jaw, not sure that was right for her face.

• Members

Oh, I agree with you on Madonna, but that was the overall theme of the article, less invasive, less "done" looking work that was centered more on dermatology than surgery.

Archived