Plastic Surgery of the Soap Stars

• Members

Of course people on tv wear a lot of makeup but it does look like she has a beautiful natural complexion. Wrinkling and sagging aren't so much of an issue with black skin as spots/scarring/discoloration/raised moles and skin tags are with aging.

Wendy Williams is fond of saying that the black don't crack thing is a myth but rather *good* black don't crack. But Wendy is also light and had a serious coke problem so she's not going to age like some of her contemporaries.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can say this as younger black man with older black parents...my mom will be hitting 60 soon and my friends are still shocked my mom is even in her fifties. Black don't crack is not a myth in the least.

• Members

As SFK mentioned, I'm a DAYS watcher so I see Renee's face quite regularly (but not enough, give her a storyline dammit!), here's my take.

Nothing surgical. African American women often have to be careful with surgery because their likelihood of scarring poorly is very high in comparison to their lighter skinned counterparts. Now, for a facelift this isn't the biggest problem if the woman is committed to wearing her hair (or weave or wig etc...) long because that will cover her ears and thus cover any scar, but again it has its risks.

I am willing to bet Renee has had very conservative Botox just between her eyebrows and lightly across her forehead. She still has movement in her face but, at rest, her skin is very smooth. Really, that's how good Botox is done. As well, I am certain Renee does chemical peels in order to keep her skin smooth, clear and radiant. African American women really benefit from light chemical peels: glycolic acid goes a long way to keep African American skin from looking dull and ashy.

Aside from that, Renee has kept an immaculately stable weight over the years and clearly exercises. I'd argue that, like Diahann Carroll on Dynasty, Renee is even more beautiful in her 50s because her face has lost some fat and her fabulous facial architecture is showing through even more. She's had a second wind of beauty.

I really believe she is one of the most beautiful women on television, be it daytime or primetime, ever.

• Members

I think the VI Peel isn't tried and true. It's not something I'd offer to a patient, nor is it something I'd do myself (not that I can do peels anyway since I have sensitive skin)...if you're going to do peels, TCA, Glycolic and Salicylic Acid (my favourite) peels are far more reliable.

• Members

*sigh* I wholeheartedly agree and because she hasn't done any surgical work, I'm just in awe of her. To keep up with that type of regimen throughout the years to be looking so fantastic is no joke. I just love her and I now have new found respect for her.

• Members

LMAO! Yeah, he had work done maybe ten years back and there were tabloid shots of old gurl sneaking out of the surgeon's disguised as Mandy wearing dark glasses and a wig.

ETA: And what the hell was he selling?

Archived