Y&R: Episode discussion, Week of January 25, 2010

• Members

They see Jill as a pathetic old bag who can exist only to make others look better by comparison. Her age makes her intolerable to the men who run this show. As they use Katherine as a tool, they use Jill the same way, only Jill is the anti-figure, the loser who has been such a burden to poor, poor Billy and Katherine and so many others. At best, they want us to pity Jill, and that's on a good day.

As for it being believable that Jill would "schtup" Nichols, I doubt that's why he was cast. He will probably be peddled with the usual bimbos among the younger cast. Sharon, Phyllis, etc.

That will come in handy, since the show is now all about empty macho posturing. But if he ever wants to be anything more than that they will cut him down to size soon enough.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wonder if Arthur is still supposed to be Tucker's dad as he was Jill's. I have to say my jaw dropped to floor when he fired everyone - that was a cool/cruel joke. Nichols is doing a really good job. It's fun to see everyone rallying to Kay's aid. But they have really upped the campy dialogue - everyone talks like headlines from SOD - "this unholy alliance" and " I'll destroy in a minute what you took a lifetime to build" - but I'm a sucker for cheesy dialogue so i'm not complaining.

I'm sure it's no surprise that I'm enjoying this show immensely right now. I just hope that they do something with this wretched Daisy character soon. She reminds me of a pot-head party-girl not a dangerous psycho. I would actually have preferred Crystal Hunt in this role.

• Administrator

SN was awesome today, he didn't disappoint at all. Presence and swagger - that's SN for you. And it was so great seeing him in a dark suit again! That made me smile. "I'm going to dismantle what you took a lifetime to build." Loving Stefan Tucker Cassadine and I can't wait to see more. :D

Archived