Y&R: Episode discussion, Week of January 25, 2010

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

After watching today, I got to say... how the hell did Zima get that role in prime time? Why did they want her on this show? Just WHOSE casting couch is this chick lying on? She sure didn't get hired for her talent. I just don't think I can stand to watch her ONE MORE DAY. She's that bad. She makes Hayley Erin look like Meryl Streep.

• Members

She was really young when she was on ER (oh, how I miss that show now that it's gone), so not much intense acting was required.

But yeah, whoever is casting this show needs their head examined. I can't necessarily blame the casting director, since the producer who sits in for the final audition and has final say in who gets hired is the one who ultimately hired these crappy actors. I wonder if it's Maria or Rauch that sits in on the auditions now. I know the girl who plays Eden said she auditioned for Maria when she got the part, so I guess it's Maria that's present for the final auditions.

These bad casting decisions make the already bad storylines even worse...

• Members

Barbara Bloom should try to steal Mark Teschner from GH, she does know him from her time at GH/PC. :lol:

According to Nelson, it was Barbara Bloom who wanted Stephen Nichols to replace William Russ as Tucker, and I can see that. We see how Maria and Rauch have no problems keeping bad or miscast actors on this show...

• Members

Probably, though, if budget cuts get too deep again, I can see them firing Nichols. Given how shortsighted this writing regime is and how it seems like they never plan anything out, I wouldn't be surprised if they ditch the Tucker character within a year and blame it on story or budget reasons.

LMFAO! So sad, yet so true. You rock, lovely_m!

• Members

After that chipmunk storyline they would never intentionally work for Y&R. They may give them negative publicity and people may come in to see the trainwreak like they do Jersey Shores.

The only reason Kevin Schmit was cast in their movie was so that they could beat on someone from Y&R. They wanted one of the writers or Greg Rikaart, but they were too old to play a convincing teenager.

• Members

I can't believe how utterly awful it is. The story is a never ending nightmare and the acting is just so atrocious. Something must be done. If ever a recast was needed Daisy is it, unless her demise is imminent. Today when she was covering her eyes because Michael had his shirt off :wacko: Bitch, please. I just wanted to slap the character for being such a phony and the acting is only making it that much worse. She has me wishing that Tyra would come back and take her airtime. The whole thing is just an epic FAIL.

Archived