Y&R: Episode discussion, Week of January 25, 2010

• Members

If Eden were the one trying to hurt Lauren, wouldn't she be dead by now? It's not that I think Eden is some great mastermind, but she's been there for little over a year.

It could be a ruse to trick Tucker into thinking that Adam is on his side. Victor could tell Billy false information, so Billy may stop looking into Adam and Adam won't be exposed.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Billy should be very skeptical about this, and after he vowed to get "revenge" on Victor after Colleen death, why is buying anything Victor tells him? If he prints any of this, he's the biggest fool.

Billy should be smart enough to know Victor would NEVER sell his own family drama to a tabloid.

But yeah, they seem to want to whitewash Adam's criminal activities, and don't want him to be punished by law, which sucks if you hate this character, like me...

There is nothing interesting about Adam, I don't get excited watching him scheme and watching him cover his crimes. He's so flat, and his crimes have been too much, and Muhney is a horrible actor, IMO.

• Members

The fact that he wrote that article about Victor and Victor is being gracious about selling Newman family drama to Billy, should be enough to tell Billy that something isn't right there. But, common sense hasn't been the forte for any of these characters under this writing team.

Colleen's death has had no impact whatsoever, I'm still left wondering why it happened. They've completely glossed over Victor's involvement, so he comes off smelling like roses. People just don't forget so easily, if these hacks want us to do that...

Brad's death has also had no impact, but not like this writing team knows long-term story, they just make everything up as they go along.

• Members

Also, are we susposed to forget that Chance the "Chaste" is Bumbling Billy's nephew??? As far as Delia is concerned, I'd like to see Billy quite gritting those teeth, put some growth hormone on those balls and tell Chance where to go.

• Members

And even those families are weak and a shell of their former selves. They lack so much depth and the Newman's in particular are so hollow and not what they sued to be as a family.

Y&R's writing of family dynamics and familial relationships under this writing regime has been one big epic fail.

This show used to be so excellent when it came to family drama, sigh...

Sad to say, even Latham wrote better for the families on this show, even if she did write off most of the Abbott family. I mean, now that both Ashley and Billy are back, the Abbots are so lost when it comes to them being a solid family unit, and that's squarely on this writing regime. That family seems so lost.

Archived