Y&R: Episode discussion, Week of January 25, 2010

• Members

I just don't have any faith in this show to tell a balanced story about Katherine and Jill. The biggest problem is that Katherine is a tool in this story. It's all about various characters who need a new story running around talking about what a victim she is, even though this was all Katherine's own fault. Jill was as much of a victim as Katherine, if not more, since she was used sexually, but no one feels sorry for her. I guess she's supposed to just feel lucky she got any? They have to go along with the Saint Katherine stuff as justification for what this all really seems to be about, which is yet more of the posturing, chest-thumping, and machismo. These manly men doing what the loser Neil couldn't do, which is saving the day, even though Victor and Adam and Nick have all run NE into the ground at one time or another, Jack has no real business acumen these days, and Cane's biggest threat might be getting Tucker to wear silly hats.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought the dialogue and the concept of the scene was fine, I didn't like how it was directed. The blocking seemed awkward. Lately there seems to be blocking issues with this show when there are more than 3 principal players in a scene. And Goddard's character seems SO OUT OF HIS DEPTH when he's in scenes with Braeden, it's shocking. But having said that... everything else about today was GLORIOUS! Just turn this into the Chancellor show and everything will work out fine. I admit Russ is wearing thin, I'm ready for the recast to show up? Do we get him Wednesday? And FINALLY, Muhney acted a scene that I ENJOYED. He cooled off the twitching, and spoke with passion and conviction, he seemed to inject FEELING and not theatrical Braggadocio, After all this freaking time...... and WOW, Adam said to VICTOR, "You Got That!" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Whoever wrote that line of dialogue deservess a 5,000$ gift certificate to Nieman Marcus. Now for the final scene...... just Brock and the Duchess with our 37 year old background music playing. I thought I'd died and gone to heaven! The only thing that pisses me off, is when they use that piece, they never credit McGinnis/Winn/Todd in the credits. They haven't for 20 years. It irks me.

• Members

I don't know.... to me, it was just typical moustache. Swooping in like a bull in a china shop, doing whatever the hell he wants without consultation. I just wish SOMEONE would point out that Victor is trying to save Katherine from the EXACT THING he did to John Abbott. A man he "supposedly" respected. I think with him wanting to get Ashley out of the ranch, it's time for HER to hit him over the head with such a thing, don't you?

• Members

I wouldn't mind if the scene was about Victor and his control issues, but it seemed like the show was saying this was the only way to get things done, this manly men way, while the women are emotional and easily manipulated. It's also somewhat degrading to Neil that after the story last year of him getting his independence by working at Chancellor, he's only been involved in this story as a patsy who cost Katherine her company.

Don't get me wrong, I think the idea of the scenes is interesting. I guess all my baggage is weighing it down.

• Members

Victor has enough to deal with in his OWN family.

Reconciling with one ex wife, fixing his OWN company, raising a new baby, helping his oldest daughter deal with another of her marriages being on the rocks with a son in law who hates him, his sons & daughter in laws want to kill each other, his youngest daughter is acting out, his grandson almost died & he's fighting ANOTHER ex wife over the ranch.

It's Katherine's story yet she's BARELY a secondary character in it.

• Members

Yvonne Zima is BLOWING CHUNKS today. Who hired this bitch? Russ is falling flat in his scenes, I know why they got rid of him... I want Nichols NOW!! And today... NOTICE how much better Driscoll looks, how much YOUNGER with some soft wispy hair about the forehead. I TOLD you guys he'd look much better and younger with a little hair. LOVED Sharon Case's outfit today. Maybe wardrobe is reading this board? I hope so. Victor/Billy scenes today were DELICIOUS. I'm anxious to see where this goes. This twist in the Lauren SL would be interesting if we didn't have such a totally incompetent actress in the middle of it (Zima).

• Members

These Billy and Chloe scenes are AWFUL, Billy "realized a few things" since his dream/fantasy? You could have fooled me. :rolleyes:

Chance is such a poorly written and developed character and at this point, such an unnecessary character. What is his point? To only hold Chloe's hand and do everything for her?

DAISY IS AN AWFUL CHARACTER PLAYED BY AN EVEN MORE AWFUL ACTRESS!!!

These Tucker and Adam scenes are so contrived, and shittily acted.

This Paris thing is such a lame way to write Noah out...

• Members

I'm sorry, but Victor SELLING HIS OWN family drama to a tabloid? What the F.UCK!?

As much as Victor and Adam don't have the best relationship, I have a hard time beleiving he would sell his own family drama to some stupid glorified tabloid, especially when it would reflect so negatively back on him.

I cannot buy this nonsense....

Archived