Y&R: Episode discussion, Week of January 25, 2010

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wanted them to bring on Ricky Williams(Paul's son not the pot smoking football player) on for Abby. Maybe they could do an opposite attracts thing with them. Or pretend that Ricky was told his mother was dead and he finds out the truth about her. He can turn into a bad boy that Abby can rebel with. That would also have an intresting dynamic with Heather and Paul given their careers.

• Members

This show is just bloody awful...

I don't care if Stephen Nichols cured cancer, he won't save this awful character and storyline for me.

There's so many misses on this show, I can't even think of any story or character currently that I would call a "hit."

Tucker McCall is such a trailer trash name. "Tucker" - what the hell is this? "Loving?"

Well, Y&R is every bit as snooze-worthy these days as Loving ever was, so...

• Members

Just saw this post, and I have to disagree. I think DAYS has some of the most bland and hideous wardrobe in daytime. Their lighting design is as tacky as Y&R's is these days too, way too bright to the point where it washes everything out and gives the show this ugly pink glaze.

Y&R's lighting is bright as hell too these days, but there's no ugly fluorescent glaze, yet.

• Members

I don't care what anyone says---I think B&B dresses it's women well. Their clothes have personality and each character has her own look. I also think the clothes look expensive and even if an outfit is ugly at least it's well styled and werked. Now with the fashion shows I know they fail, but overall I think everyone looks fierce. Y&R? Catshyt. It's truly shameful. First the hair. I was so disappointed to find out in Twitter that Sharon Case doesn't allow them to change her hair. That's the style and cheap extensions she wants and she's very strict about it. So blame her for aging herself so much, but the others? Look a mess too! And the clothes? God. Nobody looks sexy, everyone looks dull and cheap.

I remember when I looked at Heather as perfection. Now? Totally forgettable.

• Members

Loving was a much better show than Y&R these days.

There is no excuse for the awful hair and wardrobe. OLTL, which has a fraction of this show's budget, has much better sets, hair, and even costuming. If Melissa Archer were on Y&R she would probably be made up like Pippi Longstocking.

No one at Y&R cares. And they don't have to, because they will always have an excuse.

• Members

I think Jill has been written more like Dikcon's Jill since these people took over. A lot of their stories that went nowhere, like Jill's return to filing nails, would have had resonance with her. A part of me wishes Jess could find a great leading role on another soap and Brenda would return to Y&R and make life hell for Rauch and company.

• Members

When she was with Ji Min they put her into some sexy for fitting dresses, but now she has a good look or two a year. I'd do for longer hair and a sexier wardrobe. Walton can pull it off, so can MTS. They dress them both like old hags. Ashley too. That bitch is stuck in a 70s asylum.

Archived