Y&R: Episode discussion, Week of January 25, 2010

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Amen! I love Katherine Chancellor. Besides the arc with the Katherine/Marge switcheroo why do they write Katherine as, like you stated, this "patron" saint. Katherine and Jill are a match made in hell, and I've never pictured Katherine as being so submissive to the likes of Victor Newman or anyone to be so dependent on him to fight her battles for her

• Members

These writers view Jill as a pathetic, bitter old woman who a man wouldn't truly be interested in for more than a booty call. Forget her years of working side-by-side with Victor, Jack, etc. and romancing them as well! Throw that 30+ year history out the window so the way she's currently written makes sense.

• Members

LOL Carl! You are killing me. That is so true. I'm sorry, but I don't see what yall are raving about. Nichols was terrible on his first day. Granted it was his first day so I'm not making judgments yet. But so far it was awkward. Not sexy and when he walked into the meeting with the sunglasses he looked like a lesbian. Played it too far and had no chemistry with Jess Walton. Not impressed at all.

So hilarious seeing sexy Ryder eating out of the trash. Still, as cute as he is, I know he's funky. Why is Abby all up on him? I'd have to give him a wash first. Even when he's clean he looks a bit dirty.

• Members

What has happened to Jill & Lauren is disgusting. I say them because they were strong independent business women. yes they had romances and were sometimes victims, but for the most part all they needed was themselves.

Nikki & Ashley have always pretty much been frigile or a victim or revolved around a man, but what has happened to them today is sick too.

• Members

Ryder always looks unclean, and to me not in a "oh he needs some TLC, how cute" way, but in a serious infection or IV fluids way. Abby's interest in him is so forced, tedious, and poorly acted, and is more of the same crap designed to create shock value.

As soon as Nichols said Tucker would be a "player" I knew that meant Jill would get the usual sh!t treatment. The most pathetic part is that the usually hot Nichols looks so silly with his Foghorn Leghorn hair that I find him far less attractive than I find Jill.

It's gotten worse since the woman-hating Sheffer and Rauch showed up. They don't just see Jill as an afterthought, they have serious contempt for her.

• Members

There is not one woman on this show who is well written. Maybe Esther and Nina, although I don't believe they truly understand what Nina can do. I need to see more of her insecurities that always came out, I need to see her scheme and be more of a power player in the romance department. Why hasn't she seen Victoria since she returned? Craziness!

Yes, but the guy is living in a dumpster right now. I like bad boys, but there is a limit. Besides, it hasn't exactly been working with Ryder. If she really wanted to rebel she'd have found a new guy by now. Abby is an idiot.

Archived