Y&R: Episode discussion, Week of January 25, 2010

• Members

If there's a way to make sure we see how useless JT is, they will phase him out of any major story.

I was one of the few on here who didn't hate Cane but I'm pretty tired of him in this story. Katherine doesn't need another sycophant, and Goddard is not good at "corporate" stories.

I don't think this story was ever about Katherine. The only reason she was ever on as much as she was is because Braeden wasn't around.

It would have been good drama if Adam had told Sharon about the game he and Victor are playing and Sharon had to keep this from Nick. Instead, Sharon is clueless and pointless...again.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He doesn't look the part. His hair is so long it he pull back into a small ponytail. It's also dirty and it makes him look like an ex-con. Even though Nick didn't look the part either at least I knew nepotism played a huge part of why he's at Newman. People harked on William Russ's hair, but I got that he was suppose to be a crazy millionaire type.

• Members

Let's get Larry Warton as the new Chancellor exec!

I have never bought this character in business stories. Like you said, Nick was always a product of nepotism. They said it over and over. That's one of the reasons Victoria once resented him, as she felt he benefited from that even more than she had.

I don't know what the point was of having Cane realize he wasn't cut out for the business world and going to buy a bar. Does this show have any long term story plans?

• Members

Total agreement!

I so agree with you. This must be a Victor-Adam plan...it's too sudden and too intense and too public to be real. I like the idea of the already cash-strapped Newmans brought to the brink for a while. I doubt it will happen, although maybe Eric Braeden would consent -- once -- to play a fighter clawing back from financial devastation. As long as he wins in the end, that story might interest Victor.

Yes, that is correct. I agree totally. Y&R has so much room to do housekeeping that the audience would barely notice...but they keep on putting these awful actresses on screen.

I wouldn't say "lame". I would say that it seems much more obvious than the writers think it is. This is a consistent problem. They thought they were surprising us with the Tucker reveal, and now they think they're surprising us with Mac's twins and Victor-Adam's feuds...but both seem quite obvious. Hamner really may over-estimate his capacity to surprise.

Yes, I am assuming the arc runs like this. Adam and Victor "feud". It is revealed that he is under deep cover with Tucker. This brings Victor and Adam closer than ever. "My boy, my boy!" But then Adam's dastardly deeds are revealed. Victor's pain is all the deeper.

On a related note, Victor and Nikki are back (yeah!). Victor is front burner and totally commanding story. Nikki...not so much. A few days in supporting Kay in a grey jersey knit dress... What kind of sh!tty contract deal did she actually get?

You know what, though. ERIC BRAEDEN knows how to do a payoff. I think he'll deliver, even if Maria doesn't.

You forgot the important thing....as the camera pans away from the dumpster, the bleeding body of Adam is shown to be lying under rubbish on the other side of the dumpster. Who shot Adam??

Yup. Cane and Lily must go.

Amen. I thought the vibe was terrific. Totally "comfortable" with one another. Let's also be clear, the already hot Luckinbill is now uber-hot as a dad. One gets the sense that Mac and JT could be the stable, sexy couple.

Since I'm pretty sure Mac is carrying Billy's child (in addition to Lily's), I think that it would be cool if his old nemesis (JT) were to be the "father". It would also make the forthcoming Billy-Victoria sex romp all the more interesting to me.

Unlike many of you, I think Heinle finally came alive in scenes with Miller. Sadly, if Victoria gets with Billy...poor Heather is left in the cold again. Another Williams woman screwed over by an Abbott man.

The one I can't stand is Nick. Joshua Morrow can be sex-on-a-stick, but he just looks dirty/awful/greasy. What a waste!

• Members

I just want to know where Brock is! I don't just want him holding Kay's hand. I would love to see Brock be the one to somehow bring Tucker down, it would be the UNPREDICTABALE thing to do, but it doesn't involve macho posturing, so i'm sure it won't happen. Brock is a true Hero, but Bill Bell was the only one who treated him as such.

• Members

Has Victor ever dealt with the fact that Adam was getting it on with Rafe,beyond the short scene where he told him he'd accept him if he was gay.

Wouldn't any parent,even TGVN be a little more interested or confused about this?

Or do we just add it to forgotten plot points along with the Nina/Amber screenplay etc

Archived