Y&R: Episode discussion, Week of January 25, 2010

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I totally agree, except that I want Brock to bring Kaye and Tucker together. Not any time soon of course, but I'd like to see him develop a brotherly relationship with Tucker and eventually get through to him. I think that's just as heroic as getting Kaye her company back and it fits Brock's character. Like Traci Abbott, Brock's presence makes this show instantly better for me.

What more is there to say, especially now that Adam is married to Sharon? To me it would be odd if Victor delved into his son's sexual life any further.

I'm annoyed she didn't get on screen vindication and an apology from Victor and Ashley.

I saw a spark between Billy and Victoria as well, but Billy has simply gone through so many women, they need to figure out which direction to go in and stick with it. Billy may have screwed Heather, but I don't see that he's screwed her over. She came on to him, had sex with him and dismissed him when she was done. It was sort of a pleasure to watch his confusion when she told him he could go. A Heather/Billy/Victoria triangle might be interesting or would have been if Billy didn't have ties to Mac and Chloe too.

• Members

Other than more Victor/Billy posturing I'm not sure what they would do with this story. They already tried their best to set up Chloe and Mackenzie and Lily and so on as his great loves, and now it's just more roadkill. They are always too busy trying to manipulate viewers into seeing Billy as this hilariously wicked bad boy who is so superior to JT/Cane/Chance/fill in the blank that they often don't seem to have time to invest in a relationship between Billy and anyone else. I don't believe the character is capable of love, and pushing him towards someone who looks perpetually strung out probably won't help.

All that time wasted on the Billy/Chloe forced banter and how only she knows and loves the true Billy and giving them a child and all the rest, it makes no sense. But since they have never bothered to actually write for Chloe and Chance, I won't be surprised if they have her chasing Billy again eventually.

• Members

Jack and Chloe would be just too much. A man in his mid 50s with a woman 30 years younger. Nope. I like Chloe and Jack's chemistry on screen, but that is too many years. They should just give in and put Phyllis back with Jack. Phyllis is dying with Nick and stuck in this terribly overplayed triangle and Jack is looking like an idiot falling in love in five minutes and so desperate to have a baby. It lessens both characters. Plus Michelle and Peter work so well opposite each other. Jack can be step daddy to yet another little girl Newman and be a father figure to her since they won't let him raise his own son who should be a teenager now.

• Members

Now, that's just mean. ;-)

At this point, Jack Abbott is too "ruined" for me to envision him paired with anyone else. You don't fall in love (in record time, I might add) with the woman who now bears more than a passing resemblance to the psycho who nearly killed you almost thirty years ago and is indirectly responsible for your niece's death. You just don't.

• Members

The haie comment is a bit much. You are painting a stereotype of what a business man should look like. Yes, in 1950, they all had short preppy hair; however, now, many of these guys have long hair and wear uber-expensive jeans. I live in NYC, see ex-com looking business men and lawyers all the time. Maybe things are diferent in middle America.

I've noticed a few posters dislike long hair on men. The posts make me chuckle and think of my Grandmother.

• Members

I think Tucker is supposed to be modeled after Richard Branson. If that is the case Stephen Nichols is a better match than William Russ, although I have no problem with either man playing Tucker since they both can act.

• Members

If I saw these ex-con looking business men and lawyers at their job I would believe that they were lawyers and business men. My deal with Cane is even without his looks to judge on, I don't buy him as a business man. The show even wrote this in a while back ago when Cane was working at Jabot and decided he wasn't cut out for business. If his act isn't believable at least he could look the part. I don't need him to act like a believable business man and dress like the typical business man. I just need him to do one or the other and he doesn't.

I have no problem with men with long hair in general, it's just that most of the men on this show look so much better with short hair than they do long. The big for me is how the show styles the hair, it looks greasy and dirty.

• Members

I agree about Cane. Daniel Goddard does not pull off the high level business man just like Joah Morrow does not. But we know that Nick got his position through nepotism since he is Victor's son. Cane isn't anyone's son and just because Kay and Jill have accepted him into his family, you can't throw a blue collar guy in his late 30s into this position and accept us to buy it. He needs more than a suit. It was a joke seeing him in that meeting with Victor, Jack, Michael and Neil trying to help Katherine. Cane fits in running that bar. I can see him having a successful small business and there is nothing wrong with that but shoehorning him into Chancellor is a fail.

Archived